2024 Headliners

6 hours ago, rhyscork said:

AC/DC: Again long standing rumours backed with comments about the festival being open to booking them and the band being up for playing. Support from Aerosmith doing the "surprise" set they never did. Would go nicely opposite 2 of Dave/Dua/ O Rod 

Not a chance.

6 hours ago, rhyscork said:

Maybe rumours is strong, they've certainly been talked about as potential headliners for well over a decade. On borrowed time due to health, it could be 24/25 or never

Never. 

21 minutes ago, august1 said:

It won't happen but any reason why Kylie couldn't do it? Or generally appear again with new material 

Headline? Can't see that anymore. Think the moment was 2005 but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Legends Slot? Maybe, but I think it'd need to be a longer gap.. Maybe another 10 years or so and it becomes viable.

Sub or Special Guest? Absolutely no reason not to do it, as long as she's happy with the placement then I think the Festival would jump at the chance.

11 hours ago, rhyscork said:

Some outsider options:

Pulp: WHY did pulp not play this year!? It makes no sense... they were about, they were reformed, they were on tour, they have massive Glasto ties.... Pulp not even doing a surprise set on the farm somewhere over the weekend makes zero sense (outside of just not wanting too).... UNLESS they are down for something bigger..... 2024 headline? I don't think they will, but there must be a reason they didn't play this year

Eminem: Rumoured to be in talks for last year in some of the press.... maybe he was actually in talks for 2024... Eminem Dre and Snoop headlining Glasto?! Take my money!

Blur: Coming back too historic rumours that said Wembley 2023 and Glasto 2024. LONG standing rumour to be back on the farm in 23/24, didnt happen in 23... 2024? One of, if not the, greatest ever gigs on the farm (if you were there you know)... they will be back someday, 2024 fits.

AC/DC: Again long standing rumours backed with comments about the festival being open to booking them and the band being up for playing. Support from Aerosmith doing the "surprise" set they never did. Would go nicely opposite 2 of Dave/Dua/ O Rod 

Rage Against the Machine: A boy can dream

Pulp are 2024’s Churnups.

Blur aren’t going back - there’s no way they’d top 2009 and I don’t think they will even try to. 

On 10/6/2023 at 3:10 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Back to headliners … who would you like ? 

contemporary acts for a contemporary music festival. 😛

(that's setting the bar high).

2 hours ago, august1 said:

It won't happen but any reason why Kylie couldn't do it? Or generally appear again with new material 

A song came on the radio today, a song so bad it made me want to throw said radio out the window. That song was the latest from Kylie. f**k me, it was awful.

18 hours ago, stuie said:

And I can’t see Glasto booking Eminem and hope they don’t. 

It was quite something to see him heavily linked at one point with doing the 2023 edition. But I feel like the time to book him if you're going for the "bona fide cutting edge superstar headliner" was a few years ago.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

It was quite something to see him heavily linked at one point with doing the 2023 edition. But I feel like the time to book him if you're going for the "bona fide cutting edge superstar headliner" was a few years ago.

i know there were convos within glasto around the time eminem broke and he wasn't considered a suitable booking, can't imagine that will have changed.