2024 Headliners

56 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It looks decent but the fact Fozen is not on there is mad! It's definitely in my top 3 Madonna songs. I feel if over 28 songs she can't get that I there, she feels she can't justify the song these days vocally/performance however you want to see it. 

maybe she couldn't get disney to pay her a promotion fee to include it!

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Holy smokes. It's looking pretty promising...

i'd expect emily to go and see madge in all circumstances (emily's booked her/ or emily has turned down the chance to book her), cos emily could blag the tickets without having to sweat it.

Edited by Neil

Some funny and downright puzzling inclusions/omissions in there - Die Another Day + some album track from American Life instead of Borderline, Music, Frozen, Papa Don’t Preach, Material Girl, Like a Virgin etc… but suppose we should’ve expected she was gonna get a little bit weird with it, and even with those huge hits missing it’s still pretty jam packed full of bangers. She seems to have gone down the ‘career retrospective’ route rather than sticking directly to the hits. 

• Upvote 1

Ò

48 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I reckon so yep . First confirm shortly after ticket day 

Yeah some of you lot are reading far too much into Emily being at a gig she wouldn't not have needed to try hard for. She's exactly the she era too that would go.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Some funny and downright puzzling inclusions/omissions in there - Die Another Day + some album track from American Life instead of Borderline, Music, Frozen, Papa Don’t Preach, Material Girl, Like a Virgin etc… but suppose we should’ve expected she was gonna get a little bit weird with it, and even with those huge hits missing it’s still pretty jam packed full of bangers. She seems to have gone down the ‘career retrospective’ route rather than sticking directly to the hits. 

Papa Don't Preach, Music and Like a Virgin are in there just not necessarily full songs.

28 minutes ago, Neil said:

maybe she couldn't get disney to pay her a promotion fee to include it!

Neil, off you shoot now, your time has been and gone. Never a good look to bitterly need to stop others making a forum section in specifically success for a festival you have thankfully no intention....so you say of attending next year. Off you pop now, no one cares.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, northernangel said:

Ò

Yeah some of you lot are reading far too much into Emily being at a gig she wouldn't not have needed to try hard for. She's exactly the she era too that would go.

Papa Don't Preach, Music and Like a Virgin are in there just not necessarily full songs.

Well she’s been pretty heavily rumoured . She’s doing greatest hits , Emily’s gone and her insta is pretty good for suggestions. It’s this year or never for me . fair enough she’d likely have gone anyway . 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Aw here we go. Another year, another Neil meltdown incoming. Madonna is the new guns n roses.

another year of fray's trolling neil. another year of frey without anything interesting to say.

i'm allowed my comments including trying to calm down the people who think that emily at a gig equals a booking.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Strap yourselves in for another eight months of an old man yelling at a cloud

you've nailed frey's posts.

g'nr was a triumph - just like miming madge will be - might as well stick on a cd and some youtube vids.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Strap yourselves in for another eight months of an old man yelling at a cloud

you 're too much of a marketing man's dream to have you own opinion.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

another year of fray's trolling neil. another year of frey without anything interesting to say.

i'm allowed my comments including trying to calm down the people who think that emily at a gig equals a booking.

People putting you in your place isn’t trolling.

You literally went mad last year about guns n roses and made about 10 posts a day on here about them. You also refused to believe Elton was headlining even when the festival did the rocket thing to tease his announcement. 

also no one is saying this means it a definite but it’s a discussion forum and it’s worth discussing 

If we assume the reason that Madonna hasnt done up until now is because she's declined the opportunity (and not because the festival haven't made an offer), then circumstances have definitely changed.

If she's finally accepted that her days on the cutting edge are in the rear view mirror and she's now firmly in the 'heritage' period of her career then she might also be accepting offers to further shore up her legacy - and what better gig than the G.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

People putting you in your place isn’t trolling.

its not a useful contribution. its just you giving away your own poor music tastes.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

You literally went mad last year about guns n roses

they were such a sh*t booking that emily apologised for booking them.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

also no one is saying this means it a definite but it’s a discussion forum and it’s worth discussing 

nd you won't permit my knowledgable contributions to the discussion.