2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If we assume the reason that Madonna hasnt done up until now is because she's declined the opportunity (and not because the festival haven't made an offer), then circumstances have definitely changed.

If she's finally accepted that her days on the cutting edge are in the rear view mirror and she's now firmly in the 'heritage' period of her career then she might also be accepting offers to further shore up her legacy - and what better gig than the G.

more aging heritage ages for the contemporary music festival, where only  some of the old crowd know its too old for them.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not a useful contribution. its just you giving away your own poor music tastes.

they were such a sh*t booking that emily apologised for booking them.

You haven’t made a useful contribution to this forum since about 2014 Neil. You trolled your own site for months about GnR last year 😂 it was unhinged behaviour.

She apologised where sorry? Proof please 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

more aging heritage ages for the contemporary music festival, where only  some of the old crowd know its too old for them.

It's about balance, innit. A strictly 'of the moment' headline trio (e.g. Dua Lipa, Dave and O-Rod) doesn't bring with it the slew of commonly acknowledged bangers and the years of public affection.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Knowledgable? Don’t think you’ve got a headliner right for the best part of a decade! In 2014 you were in the know, you aren’t now I’m afraid 

got them spot on for 2022 in sept 2021. you've never had one right.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

From last August:

Screenshot_20231015_102723_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f1abe3b901c8edeb10573a7ad3741591.jpg

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

another year of fray's trolling neil. another year of frey without anything interesting to say.

i'm allowed my comments including trying to calm down the people who think that emily at a gig equals a booking.

You've had nothing interesting to say for a hell of a long time.

The only one who feels you are still relevant here is you, much like the only one who's down voting other people's opinions are you because it makes you feel good amount yourself.

And the Emeli Sande one now someone mentioned that...almost as bad as you confirming bands were booked to headline. Old man it's time.

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Well she’s been pretty heavily rumoured . She’s doing greatest hits , Emily’s gone and her insta is pretty good for suggestions. It’s this year or never for me . fair enough she’d likely have gone anyway . 

She would have gone anyway. As you're a moderator on here, I think some sanctions need carrying out and it's pretty clear who it is.

Just now, Neil said:

got them spot on for 2022 in sept 2021. you've never had one right.

Why would I have one right you numpty? 

You haven’t been the first one to call it in years and you know it. Hence why you lost the plot last year when roughbloke called them spot on. Instead of admitting it you decided to lose your mind regarding the GnR booking instead. We all saw it happen. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, northernangel said:

Then you spent months deliberating you might be wrong. And with Coldplay, you are the the daily star...eventually they'll call it correctly.

make it up why don't you?

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's about balance, innit. A strictly 'of the moment' headline trio (e.g. Dua Lipa, Dave and O-Rod) doesn't bring with it the slew of commonly acknowledged bangers and the years of public affection.

I'd be underwhelmed personally to go from a potential Dua Lipa, Coldplay, Madonna to Dua Lipa, Dave and O-Rod.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Don't have to, you spent months pretending to be mad at yourself for calling the information wrong.

You've just posted what you got right and instantly re-ammended looking like a proper fool and no one is actually defending after your sh*t storm now.

what sh*t storm, thr only sh*t storm is comiung from the bullies who don't want things discussed.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Anyway back to topic in hand … what a bloody great booking that would be if it turns out . Like mentioned in our watts app it would be her and Taylor that are still on my want list . And a great run of absolutely massive headliners 

Yeah to be honest, if I got Madonna and Taylor I'd probably call it in. There isn't too many must sees anymore.

I think if there is a headliner from I could miss, I'll actually head early for NYC Download without a massive queue to finally get in there for an hour so based on that Dave like Chemical Brothers would probably do it 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Anyway back to topic in hand … what a bloody great booking that would be if it turns out . Like mentioned in our watts app it would be her and Taylor that are still on my want list . And a great run of absolutely massive headliners 

massive, but with dubious output.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Agreed - with Fleetwood Mac going the way of the dodo Madge is one of the last remaining megastars that have still to do it. A triumph for E. Eavis......(hopefully)

When I first glanced at the Instagram I thought it was Stevie Nicks 😀

I really want this to happen but that production can’t happen on the pyramid it almost needs another stage building.  Would she be happy to be live on tv knowing the nation will accuse her of miming the next day? Is there any way the pyramid can be extended to come out at the front like the stones normally do like a cat walk? 

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

We are discussing, without your negativity and over depressing manner. You are the only one virtually disliking anyone's comments which in your delluded mind will tell you it's because you 'make sense'.

It's not disliking to point out an Emily Instagram isn't a booking.and why is it bad to point out this wouldn't be an act at the top of their game .

Just now, SophieBee said:

I was there last night and had an absolute blast - minor setlist gripes aside (can't work out whether there were deliberate omissions or some were cut due to technical issues at the start), it was an incredible show. I'd love to see her at Glastonbury.

And her voice was fine ?