2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Whether Madonna is the best singer in the world or not (she isn’t but never has been) this would be the booking that I would be most excited about in years. She is the star from my childhood who I loved and have never gotten to see as I don’t pay those kind of prices for concerts. It would be a dream to get to see her and even if it was a sub par performance from her I would be busting moves and belting out the hits and reliving some of the best memories from my childhood. 

Make no mistake getting Madonna would be a hugely impressive booking for Glastonbury!! 

Madonna in her prime would have been hugely impressive. Miming Madge much less so.

1 hour ago, SophieBee said:

More than fine. She's ALWAYS relied on a backing track because of the dance performance elements - I remember seeing her in 1990 and it was the same thing - but she sang enough live to convince me. Live to Tell was a proper moment.

I'm going Tuesday night which I'm looking forward to and glad I've seen the set list so I know the exclusions which I don't expect to change much. I do hope she is on time then though as I've got to get home.

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

Let us have our fun you're not even going. 

Exactly the point. No one cares why he's not going or that he's not going.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

And you might have the worst music tastes and be obsessed with me.

You're obbsessed with everything on here that you don't want or like and have to point that out multiple time, and he can like what he wants.

37 minutes ago, angelin said:

This is abit much for a Sunday morning. It’s quite upsetting and not in the spirit of the site.

@Crazyfool01has said his piece and yes it is unfortunately a case of one doesn't run this site so one must try ruin it.

There is a bit of overhype that she might have been booked. We know Emily will try and book her anyway.

But people are just trying to show excitement a couple of weeks ahead of ticket time. 

I have been logged out of my account for a while as I found the bitterness and nasty attacks from some people on this forum getting worse and they really made me wonder why I bothered looking here for information and, heaven forbid, sensible discussions.

I have popped back in now having been eager to see what was being said about Madonna etc only to find what I can only describe as a pathetic childish exchange mostly from one corner.

@eFestivals could be a great site again but sadly there are some stuck in the past and in a place that cannot be doing themselves much good either. Maybe the future will return the site I found in 2013 and learned so much from.

Anyway, Madonna would be a booking as amazing as Elton John was regardless of if you like her or not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm nowhere near being convinced Madonna is doing it. Yet. But it's a definite possibility.

For - fits the description (female, not played before), Emily is a fan (she also posted on Instagram when she saw her on the last tour)

Against - tour currently finishes in April, lots of production (could it be adapted to fit The Pyramid?), but mainly mountains of cash.

Who knows? Maybe she saw Macca and thought she'd like a bit of that action.

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

But people are just trying to show excitement a couple of weeks ahead of ticket time. 

that's fine, i just tried to add a bit of balance. by pointing iut the excitement is premature

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Maybe the future will return the site I found in 2013 and learned so much from.

it can't happen while you and others are grudge-driven, its that that brings it down.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

hhim target tormenting the disabled man isn't that either. 😛 

I was wondering when you were going to use that as an excuse. You're bringing it all on yourself so what you're getting is your own doing. Your mouth is still well intact so drop the victim act.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have been logged out of my account for a while as I found the bitterness and nasty attacks from some people on this forum getting worse and they really made me wonder why I bothered looking here for information and, heaven forbid, sensible discussions.

I have popped back in now having been eager to see what was being said about Madonna etc only to find what I can only describe as a pathetic childish exchange mostly from one corner.

@eFestivals could be a great site again but sadly there are some stuck in the past and in a place that cannot be doing themselves much good either. Maybe the future will return the site I found in 2013 and learned so much from.

Anyway, Madonna would be a booking as amazing as Elton John was regardless of if you like her or not.

Yeah I went for a while and glad to have been welcomed back quite openly. But particular people, we know who need to just be blocked on here.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If we assume the woman headliner who's a lock is Dua Lipa- then who are the potential candidates for the other one?

Assuming Rihanna is out of action, as is Gaga. Taylor is a No and O-Rod is still a little early in her career.

So who else could it be other than Madge?

that's exactly it , the pool of possibilities is very limited now 

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

I was wondering when you were going to use that as an excuse.

not an excuse, no fault of my own i suffered brain damage, as one in four of you all will do -  hopefully long in the future, when people have learnt to be kinder and more understanding.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

You're bringing it all on yourself so what you're getting is your own doing. Your mouth is still well intact so drop the victim act.

"bring it on my self" was poi ting out that emily seeing an act isn't a booking. sorry so many found the truth offensive. 

Just now, Neil said:

not an excuse, no fault of my own i suffered brain damage, as one in four of you all will do -  hopefully long in the future, when people have learnt to be kinder and more understanding.

"bring it on my self" was poi ting out that emily seeing an act isn't a booking. sorry so many found the truth offensive. 

up till when do you think Madonna would have been ok ? 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Similar to Cat Stevens ? or is there something different ? 

cat was an albums artist, album artists were always more glastonbury appropropriate than singles- pop -pap.

its not her gender, same comment stands with take that.

Just now, Neil said:

cat was an albums artist, album artists were always more glastonbury appropropriate than singles- pop -pap.

its not her gender, same comment stands with take that.

The others mentioned have all delivered absolutely massive shows  and the field has been absolutely rammed for all of them they could all be argued they were past their prime ( obviously Stones still going many years on ) but the delight and memories of those in attendance for those shows will live with many for a very long time 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Similar to Cat Stevens ? or is there something different ?  or dolly ? or the Stones ? or Elton ? 

i think nearly all of us here can discern the differences in all those acts, some are huge wants of michael's, others a bit less so, some wanted to tick glasto off their list, for others it meant little, &/or raised some issues

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The others mentioned have all delivered absolutely massive shows  and the field has been absolutely rammed for all of them they could all be argued they were past their prime ( obviously Stones still going many years on ) but the delight and memories of those in attendance for those shows will live with many for a very long time 

if the question was "did lots of people enjoy those shows?" i'd have given a different answer.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i think nearly all of us here can discern the differences in all those acts, some are huge wants of michael's, others a bit less so, some wanted to tick glasto off their list, for others it meant little, &/or raised some issues

It's pretty much Emilys baby now isn't it ? who's left that Michael wants ?