2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, Neil said:

what is it about tormenting the brain damaged man that makes your day? does it make you feel big and clever to  be that  level of c**t, its not a good look.

Calm yourself right down there. A couple points: 

1) I’ve been on this forum for 10 years, you’ve always been stubborn and obnoxious- literally nothing to do with your health issues 

2) you bring everything on yourself on here. How many posts have you made in the last two days about Madonna ? Like 20 , none with any value , just rambling as per 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Calm yourself right down there. A couple points: 

1) I’ve been on this forum for 10 years, you’ve always been stubborn and obnoxious- literally nothing to do with your health issues 

2) you bring everything on yourself on here. How many posts have you made in the last two days about Madonna ? Like 20 , none with any value , just rambling as per 

The value vwas in pointing out that Emily sees lots of bands without booking them. To calm people down.

You've just done your normal c**t thing. Cos that's all you have.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

The value vwas in pointing out that Emily sees lots of bands without booking them. To calm people down.

You've just done your normal c**t thing. Cos that's all you have.

You did about 20 posts about her miming too.

also once again nobody  has ever claimed she’s booked? They’re just discussing a potential booking after the Insta post 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

You did about 20 posts about her miming too.

also once again nobody  has ever claimed she’s booked? They’re just discussing a potential booking after the Insta post 

And there you are again.

People have claimed that cos Emily intagramned it there must be a festival meaning to it.

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I reckon im now at 60 % she plays … just seems to be quite a few things that fit . 

im going to ignore all that don’t at this point anyway 😉

It does look more likely than not, by the looks of things. Itll make some of my group absolutely incandescent with excitement at seeing her, and as for me - i'd be more than happy to work a shift during her set because i havnt got even a slight sliver of interest in her  Ray of Light would be the only album of hers i've ever given more than a cursory listen, and its alright i suppose. Would you go and see her? Are we presuming a sunday night Elton-style jamboree? 

32 minutes ago, stuie said:

The betting odds suggest we've got our three headliners already.  I wonder when we'll find out the first one. 

image.png.07d4f6bb8d6d1e1224cffdacec3ba32b.png

The betting odds suggest we've got three strong candidates, none of which are currently nailed on certs.

As I mentioned the other day - as soon as any significant "smart money" starts going into these markets, the bookies will remove odds on that act entirely as they don't like losing cash. We see it happen every year.

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

It does look more likely than not, by the looks of things. Itll make some of my group absolutely incandescent with excitement at seeing her, and as for me - i'd be more than happy to work a shift during her set because i havnt got even a slight sliver of interest in her  Ray of Light would be the only album of hers i've ever given more than a cursory listen, and its alright i suppose. Would you go and see her? Are we presuming a sunday night Elton-style jamboree? 

I’m not sure there’s much to the pleasing the locals thing on the Sunday is there ? I guess if an artists available all 3 they might try for a big one on the Sunday but not sure that would ever be the case for all 3 headliners all nights . Plenty there to interest me . Prodigy might keep me away but I’ve seen them plenty of times … Madonna would be a moment 

6 minutes ago, incident said:

The betting odds suggest we've got three strong candidates, none of which are currently nailed on certs.

As I mentioned the other day - as soon as any significant "smart money" starts going into these markets, the bookies will remove odds on that act entirely as they don't like losing cash. We see it happen every year.

Sure, I understand that but I think it's unusual that the odd have shortened on the three we've been discussing for a few weeks now.  I think they are our three headliners and expect Madge to be teased and confirmed before the end of the year. 

Edited by stuie

13 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Immaculate is an incredible compilation.

Edited by Justcalledtosay

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Sure, I understand that but I think it's unusual that the odd have shortened on the three we've been discussing for a few weeks now.  I think they are our three headliners and expect Madge to be teased or confirmed before the end of the year. 

Don't think that's unusual at all - it's pretty much as designed. The bookies odds are likely entirely based on where the money is going rather than them having better information than us - especially on a low volume market like this. The money inevitably is going to go where people think they can get a win - and so that'll be the names that are currently being discussed as the most likely. It's somewhat self perpetuating.

Meanwhile the fact that odds are still available suggests that nobody is trying to put down huge sums on any of those acts, or there's not been an unusual flurry of bets.

I can't remember specific examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that multiple times in the past acts have gone to odds on and ended up not playing.

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Have we ever noticed a headliner removed from the betting market before an announcement? 

One that specifically comes to mind is a few years back when Neil posted on here that Kasabian were definite - a few posters (not me) got bets in before the odds were pulled within an hour or so. The announcement came much later I think.

But yeah it happens every year. I'm sure it it happened with the 2023 headliners.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't think that's unusual at all - it's pretty much as designed. The bookies odds are likely entirely based on where the money is going rather than them having better information than us - especially on a low volume market like this. The money inevitably is going to go where people think they can get a win - and so that'll be the names that are currently being discussed as the most likely. It's somewhat self perpetuating.

Meanwhile the fact that odds are still available suggests that nobody is trying to put down huge sums on any of those acts, or there's not been an unusual flurry of bets.

I can't remember specific examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that multiple times in the past acts have gone to odds on and ended up not playing.

Sorry, I get how the odds work - I meant to say this early/far out.

24 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It is not that an unreasonable suggestion. Again no one is saying it means she’s booked for sure. 

No one reacted to Emily Instagram ING about Coldplay in the same way. Madonna is as likely today as she was last week