2024 Headliners

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Sun has an article on Madge headlining - or at least being sought to headline.

There’s absolutely no doubt that Emily would have at least asked the question back when the Madge tour was first mooted.

Obviously she’s not going to scale her show down for a one off at Glastonbury. But we have heard whispers over on the other place of stadium/BST dates, if she does have big outdoor shoes plans next summer then conversations and plans around fitting it back have already taken place.

She’s 50-50 for me right now, if the runoured shows next year happen then she’s bang in line for it.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

10 hours ago, Vancouverleeds said:

I went to the opening night. Mrs is a proper Madonna superfan so I had the privilege of being in the pit and basically front row. She was amazing apart from a little technical issue with the sound. Would love to see her again on the Pyramid. This is where I was.

IMG_0829.jpeg

I was in the furthest row back, our views could not have been more different!! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Did the screens enable you to feel close to the detail in her stage choreography and narrative?  It's a criticism that I've had of her pre-screen shows in the past... that there is a lot going on on-stage but you're somewhat detached from it unless in the pit or premier seating.  If screens have enabled even those in the gods to be part of it then I'm in 👌

I didn’t feel that tbh and we were as far back as you could get. 

There’s a hell of a lot going on, both on stage and on the screens, impossible to watch it all. 

54 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Hope he makes his way to The UK at some point. I like him as a personality and his shows look good.

On another note, have we ruled P!nk out yet?

No, other than she probably won't be active - though that's yet to be confirmed I think.

Looks to be wrapping up a year long tour in March.

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Hope he makes his way to The UK at some point. I like him as a personality and his shows look good.

On another note, have we ruled P!nk out yet?

pink was discussed a few weeks back

I think personally her show would be a nightmare to setup on the pyramid. she'd kill it - but no idea if she would take the pay cut etc

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Sheeran alert.

image.thumb.png.d8d0b6d3ad6f75c4dc01341572f8d4f1.png

Hopefully those dates rule him out lol

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

There’s absolutely no doubt that Emily would have at least asked the question back when the Madge tour was first mooted.

Obviously she’s not going to scale her show down for a one off at Glastonbury. But we have heard whispers over on the other place of stadium/BST dates, if she does have big outdoor shoes plans next summer then conversations and plans around fitting it back have already taken place.

She’s 50-50 for me right now, if the runoured shows next year happen then she’s bang in line for it.

I think she was one of the women Emily was talking about early this year - I reckon her original plan was to do the US this summer, then UK and Europe this autumn, then maybe the far east in January, another leg in the US and Mexico in the spring, and retool the show for outdoors and finish with Glastonbury and some other big shows in the summer. The health issues have obviously screwed that all up, and now there's one big stretch of US and Mexico shows through the first half of 2024. She could still do the outdoor shows in summer 2024, then go back to the US again end of the year of course.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Sheeran isn’t coming back.

Definition of “one and done”.

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Absolutely no way Ed Sheeran doesn't return - one of the biggest uk acts

If he comes back I don’t think it’ll be for a long time. There was a certain novelty about him headlining - just a guy with a guitar and loop pedal - that was fine for a one off but hardly set the world alight and I doubt they’ll be scrambling to have him back doing that same sh*t again. 

Maybe a secret set, but hopefully just not there at all.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If he comes back I don’t think it’ll be for a long time. There was a certain novelty about him headlining - just a guy with a guitar and loop pedal - that was fine for a one off but hardly set the world alight and I doubt they’ll be scrambling to have him back doing that same sh*t again. 

I'm still fascinated with that tour he did with a loop pedal and guitar. Multiple nights at Wembley etc. That small guitar didn't even sound very good and he's not particularly creative with the loop pedal. Yet the masses lapped it up. 

Yes, he will return but give it a few years I reckon and he would need a band.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I actually think he'll end up with at least as many headlines as Coldplay. He's huge. 

No chance. Coldplay bring a spectacle with them. Sheeran brings f**k all. Plus his music has got noticeably more naff and in to basic mum-pop as he’s gone on. I just don’t think he’d be high on their list of returning acts given what he brings to the table.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I was in the furthest row back, our views could not have been more different!! 

I was on the back row too wednesday night. View of the stage was great but the one screen I could see was too small and too far away so I barely glanced at it, mostly using it just to figure out who the special guest was for the drag ballroom bit.

I was almost sold on Madonna doing Glastonbury until I actually saw the show.

Glastonbury 2023 cleanse complete! 

After some slight reading last night I’m raring, although slightly nervous for ticket day. 

Re headliners - I like the look of Dua/Coldplay/Madonna as it’s an instant sellout imo. The only risk I could see them taking is Olivia Rodrigo instead of Dua and if it’s not Coldplay again, possibly 1975 before they take a break. 

Personally though, if the Eavis family have some spare cash, chuck it all at ACDC. Angus duck walking all over the pyramid would be worth the ticket price alone. 

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No chance. Coldplay bring a spectacle with them. Sheeran brings f**k all. Plus his music has got noticeably more naff and in to basic mum-pop as he’s gone on. I just don’t think he’d be high on their list of returning acts given what he brings to the table.

I could see a scenario where he fancies himself emulating what the Churnups did this year with a big Pyramid Stage 1 hour 'secret set'

58 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yet they booked AM again

He will 100% be back eventually, he's still huge - as someone else said he seems to be good mates with the fests

A lot of people would enjoy a Ed Sheeran set with heaps of guests etc

52 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm still fascinated with that tour he did with a loop pedal and guitar. Multiple nights at Wembley etc. That small guitar didn't even sound very good and he's not particularly creative with the loop pedal. Yet the masses lapped it up. 

Yes, he will return but give it a few years I reckon and he would need a band.

Isn't this his standard tour?

I saw him do it in 2019 - thought it was the standard !