2024 Headliners

3 hours ago, 1986 said:

I thought Pink would be an outside choice, one of those people who's huge but not "wide ranging" enough to fit the bill. On reflection that's bullshit really. If GnR, Kendrick or Metallica can do it I don't see why she can't. She's a massive venue filling artist with songs that even the most violently indifferent person like myself will have heard of. Glasto could do much worse.

I wonder if its cus her biggest hits were in the 00s and we're used to "vintage" headliners having their biggest songs in the 70s it feels a bit weird.

This is incredibly disrespectful to one of the greatest rappers and poets of the modern era and arguably all time.

14 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

This is incredibly disrespectful to one of the greatest rappers and poets of the modern era and arguably all time.

He might be "one of the greatest rappers and poets of the modern era", but he still had probably the smallest Pyramid headline crowd of (at least) the last 20 years.

Edited to add - That's not even saying he shouldn't have been booked. Of course he should. But so can someone who sells substantially more tickets and has far more hits people know and want to sing along to.

Edited by incident

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thought that honour went to Arcade Fire?

Theh are good though

8 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Arcade Fire wasn’t that small was it? That was the day of the biblical lightning storm early evening that drove a few people away from the outdoor stages but it seemed busy enough by the time they went on

I remember my mate loving despite the weather

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

think Metalica was my smallest headline crowd I didn't stay, shame we don't have this beautiful overheads like from Elton so we could compare .... 

I came out of Metallica but Muse 2016 was easy to get out of too

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

think Metalica was my smallest headline crowd I didn't stay, shame we don't have this beautiful overheads like from Elton so we could compare .... 

I was standing in the same ish position for both. Towards the back of the crowd. Arcade Fire was smaller. Particularly by the end.

Edited by The Nal

44 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

No arguments here friend, huge fan of Kendrick and that set will probably never be bested for headline shows.

My point wasn't based on quality (though me lumping him with GnR and Metallica I can see why you'd think that), it was more outside of Hip Hop fans and musos it probably wasn't the most crowd pleasing of choices. 

I can't comment on the crowd size debate cus I was in the middle of it and it seemed busy where I was. 

59 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Interesting to hear that Kendrick was so tiny (although not surprised). It didn't particularly feel like that being there, and I re-watched Money Trees from Glasto the other day, and that sing/rap-along was possibly the loudest I've ever heard on the highlights. 

The Tiny crowd for Kendrick is one in the eye for those wanting the likes of Dave etc to headline 

they may be down with the kids but they don’t have the widespread mainstream appeal to appeal the masses. If rappers are going to do it & I aren’t against rappers I like rap they have to be the size of jay z kayne and Eminem 

pull those big crowds and be certified headliners 

I said in the leadup that Kendrick was going to have an all-time small crowd for a Pyramid headliner, and got absolutely crucified for it on here (even accused of racism for it) but it appears I wasn't wrong.

Acts like him just do not have the right sort of appeal for it. The same would happen to someone like Bad Bunny - Currently the world's biggest artist. Just because they're insanely popular, doesn't mean it's going to work on the pointy one.

I know it's a long-running joke but the "Has my mum heard of them?" thing is usually a very good judge of how big the crowd is going to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodders2023 said:

The Tiny crowd for Kendrick is one in the eye for those wanting the likes of Dave etc to headline 

they may be down with the kids but they don’t have the widespread mainstream appeal to appeal the masses. If rappers are going to do it & I aren’t against rappers I like rap they have to be the size of jay z kayne and Eminem 

pull those big crowds and be certified headliners 

I think Dave would get a bigger crowd than Kendrick

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

I said in the leadup that Kendrick was going to have an all-time small crowd for a Pyramid headliner, and got absolutely crucified for it on here (even accused of racism for it) but it appears I wasn't wrong.

Acts like him just do not have the right sort of appeal for it.

So the picnic blanket posse aren't impressed?

Good, lets have a few more years of stuff that will put them off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1