2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

So the picnic blanket posse aren't impressed?

Good, lets have a few more years of stuff that will put them off.

the festival needs to sell out to stop things getting cut and the bigger acts help them do this , that in turn helps them have the broad range they do 

1 hour ago, OllieMadd said:

Smallest I ever saw was GNR. We walked up to one person off the barrier with 5 minutes to go down the left. 

The people around us were hardcore fans though, we liked the gig.

Yeah they're was space to move about same as most headliners once your in the field , even at Elton John we had room around us by the small tree . I loved guns n roses and for me it's right up with one of my favourite Glastonbury experiences 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

the festival needs to sell out to stop things getting cut and the bigger acts help them do this , that in turn helps them have the broad range they do 

True 

I’m aware of this and I can and generally do ignore the Pyramid

Edited by Skip997

1 hour ago, lendan said:

I thought the crowd for Mumford was the smallest, it looked sparse on TV

Kanye and Gorillaz both felt smaller to me. We left each after a few songs and the crowd was very thin. Mumford, while disliked on this forum, where very big when they headlined.

14 hours ago, gfa said:

weren't people saying coachella want exclusivity?

I mean its more  exclusive since its first anyway. But you could argue the exclusivity for the continent for starters. If no other north american festival gets Dua then thats what they want. If She ends up on every single Euro lineup along with Glasto then its like watered down for anyone there per say. The last time they shared a headliner was Radiohead in 2017. And oddly enough that was the case. Radiohead only played Coachella and then did the entire circuit in Europe along with Glasto that summer.  Coachella has bigger selling points anyway. The whole world can watch the performance and that gets a lot of hype for the tour that follows. Whereas Glasto would just ensure she can have a solid career just in the UK and thats it. And one pays while the other doesnt. One will give you the world in regards to production. And one will not have a potential downpour as a possibility.

8 hours ago, K2SO said:

I said in the leadup that Kendrick was going to have an all-time small crowd for a Pyramid headliner, and got absolutely crucified for it on here (even accused of racism for it) but it appears I wasn't wrong.

Acts like him just do not have the right sort of appeal for it. The same would happen to someone like Bad Bunny - Currently the world's biggest artist. Just because they're insanely popular, doesn't mean it's going to work on the pointy one.

I know it's a long-running joke but the "Has my mum heard of them?" thing is usually a very good judge of how big the crowd is going to be.

It goes to show you the glasto festival audience doesnt have that broad of taste in music. Said it before but last year when I was waiting in the queue for the shuttle and just chatting to people about the weekend and the music there was just a ridiculous lack of knowledge when it came to the lineup. So yeah, you lot dont research sh*t and maybe if ya did or just broadened your horizons then things would be different. 

16 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where would Pink swing from?  Doesn't she need infrastructure for her arielist antics.. ?

She did it at Austin City Limits last year. And she did it at BST. So theyve already figured out how to do it in an open field scenario. Wouldnt be too difficult to put it into place for her.

On 10/23/2023 at 3:31 AM, tomf3 said:

Do you really think they are made for the Pyramid? As much as I adore Glastonbury, in the last 25 years it has become so middle class and part of the mainstream. A lot of the media coverage shows snaps of celebs in VIP areas with outrageously expensive glamping etc. without any mention of the political leanings. I can't imagine that's something RATM would want to be associated with, as opposed to say Reading which still seems to retain some of the anarchic spirit.

You understand Rage was going to headline Coachella in 2020 right. Where the vips, celebs and glamping make Glasto look poor in comparison. Glasto is still about its politics so why wouldnt they attempt. Like everyone wouldnt wanna scream f**k the Tories? 

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

She did it at Austin City Limits last year. And she did it at BST. So theyve already figured out how to do it in an open field scenario. Wouldnt be too difficult to put it into place for her.

I did some Pink research while working this afternoon. Thought I knew two songs but I found myself recognising many more and they were all banging. I’m happy to get on board the Pink train now and think it could be an uplifting night at the Pyramid (acrobatic pun intended).

Not sure where the odd chatter about Pink having not enough bangers comes from. Twenty-one top-ten hits - stretching from 2000 to 2021 - makes me think otherwise.

There's a few big cuts missing from the current run, but to be honest, you could streamline the whole thing into a ninety-minute set and absolutely blow the doors off.

Get the Party Started
Raise Your Glass
Who Knew
Just Like a Pill
Try
What About Us
Turbulence
Make You Feel My Love
Just Give Me a Reason
10 F**kin' Perfect
11 Just Like Fire
12 Please Don't Leave Me
13 When I Get There
14 U + Ur Hand
15 TRUSTFALL
16 Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
17 Never Gonna Not Dance Again
18 So What

And there's still a few missing there too. (U + Ur Hand a bratty favourite of mine, so had to crowbar it in somewhere.)

14 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not sure where the odd chatter about Pink having not enough bangers comes from. Twenty-one top-ten hits - stretching from 2000 to 2021 - makes me think otherwise.

There's a few big cuts missing from the current run, but to be honest, you could streamline the whole thing into a ninety-minute set and absolutely blow the doors off.

Get the Party Started
Raise Your Glass
Who Knew
Just Like a Pill
Try
What About Us
Turbulence
Make You Feel My Love
Just Give Me a Reason
10 F**kin' Perfect
11 Just Like Fire
12 Please Don't Leave Me
13 When I Get There
14 U + Ur Hand
15 TRUSTFALL
18 So What

And there's still a few missing there too. (U + Ur Hand a bratty favourite of mine, so had to crowbar it in somewhere.)

These are all banging. I would have a great time!

55 minutes ago, Mark H said:

These are all banging. I would have a great time!

And that's without There You GoMost GirlsYou Make Me SickDon't Let Me Get MeFeel Good TimeTroubleStupid GirlsSoberWalk Me Home and Anywhere Away From Here - all top-ten singles on the Blighty side. 

Oh, and Lady Marmalade. Can't forget Lady Marmalade.

But yeah. With that longevity and that level of hits in the back pocket, I've just generally assumed the only reason she hasn't been seriously considered - a bit like Lady Gaga, maybe - is just whether they'd compromise on the production. Both would absolutely knock the bejeezus out of a ninety-minute set. Proper four-quadrant pulls.

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Get the Party Started
Raise Your Glass
Who Knew
Just Like a Pill
Try
What About Us
Turbulence
Make You Feel My Love
Just Give Me a Reason
10 F**kin' Perfect
11 Just Like Fire
12 Please Don't Leave Me
13 When I Get There
14 U + Ur Hand
15 TRUSTFALL
18 So What

Not sure that this tells the story of P!nk's deep bench of bangers they way you seem to think it does.

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I mean its more  exclusive since its first anyway. But you could argue the exclusivity for the continent for starters. If no other north american festival gets Dua then thats what they want. If She ends up on every single Euro lineup along with Glasto then its like watered down for anyone there per say. The last time they shared a headliner was Radiohead in 2017. And oddly enough that was the case. Radiohead only played Coachella and then did the entire circuit in Europe along with Glasto that summer.  Coachella has bigger selling points anyway. The whole world can watch the performance and that gets a lot of hype for the tour that follows. Whereas Glasto would just ensure she can have a solid career just in the UK and thats it. And one pays while the other doesnt. One will give you the world in regards to production. And one will not have a potential downpour as a possibility.

That doesn't mean everything in the world wants to watch it. You take it for granted that everyone should care about Coachella and wants to know about Coachella. The American stance where nothing is better. Coachella also it at it's weakest selling rate these days too, and asking for $375 for preffer car camping is ludicrous. When i went, we paid about $150 and were 3rd row from the entrance.

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It goes to show you the glasto festival audience doesnt have that broad of taste in music. Said it before but last year when I was waiting in the queue for the shuttle and just chatting to people about the weekend and the music there was just a ridiculous lack of knowledge when it came to the lineup. So yeah, you lot dont research sh*t and maybe if ya did or just broadened your horizons then things would be different. 

That's just an ignorant view, people like who they like. I generally don't like rappers as music, especially newer rappers, it just is not my cup. This doesn't mean I need to do my research or broaden my horizons. 

I know what I like and I attend the events that have what I like.

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Get the Party Started
Raise Your Glass
Who Knew
Just Like a Pill
Try
What About Us
Turbulence
Make You Feel My Love
Just Give Me a Reason
10 F**kin' Perfect
11 Just Like Fire
12 Please Don't Leave Me
13 When I Get There
14 U + Ur Hand
15 TRUSTFALL
18 So What

One thing I question is if they would be prepared to put the additional measures in place for her like they would for say Taylor who I honestly think would have boundaries moved for like The Stones and Madonna.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

And that's without There You GoMost GirlsYou Make Me SickDon't Let Me Get MeFeel Good TimeTroubleStupid GirlsSoberWalk Me Home and Anywhere Away From Here - all top-ten singles on the Blighty side. 

Oh, and Lady Marmalade. Can't forget Lady Marmalade.

But yeah. With that longevity and that level of hits in the back pocket, I've just generally assumed the only reason she hasn't been seriously considered - a bit like Lady Gaga, maybe - is just whether they'd compromise on the production. Both would absolutely knock the bejeezus out of a ninety-minute set. Proper four-quadrant pulls.

Family Portrait was big too, throw that in.

I’m sure she’d do Cover Me in Sunshine too, which wasn’t a big hit in the UK apparently but was utterly ubiquitous elsewhere in 2021

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not sure that this tells the story of P!nk's deep bench of bangers they way you seem to think it does.

Nah, it does.

She might have passed you by / not be to your taste, but "not enough bangers" is a comically bad take.

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I know you like coachella mate didn't need an essay

Also didn't even answer the question lol

A lot of posts in here like “OK Pink has headlined stadiums and sold out two nights in Hyde Park and done huge US festivals and has a massive outdoor production and a catalogue of 20 big hits stretching over 2 decades and fits the criteria of being a first time woman headliner and has a stadium show booked just before the festival… but I just can’t see it”

• Upvote 1