2024 Headliners

46 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Oh i did, i lasted all of about a song and a half before i *prepares polite voice* decided it probably wasnt for me. Or wrote it off as unmitigated bollocks, one of those two. ( and i now await being called a xenophobe 😄 )

Chuckling at the thought of Supre in the Glasto shuttle queue going in on some tired brits who just want to go to bed about how Coachella is better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This would certainly be a standalone one-off gig, if it is try.

I may be able to get some info on this in the next few months... 😬 

(Not in any way professing to be in the know regarding the likes of Daft Punk, but I do have some involvement in Paris 2024, especially the opening ceremony).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

If you're a person who judges a headliner against having decades worth of hits, cross generational and cultural appeal and an expectation that they would fill the whole field, then you're in for increasingly sad times over the coming years because the number of artists in the centre of that particular Venn diagram is diminishing. 

In the 13 years I've been going to Glastonbury, the Pyramid field has never felt empty for any of the headliner's I've seen. Its sometimes much busier than others, but that is no reflection of the legitimacy of the artist being there or the success of the set being played.

Can Pink and Dave headline Glastonbury. Absolutely. Did GnR and Metalica deserve to play. Absolutely. 

I mean yeah, in the last decade alone we've had Mumford & Sons, Kasabian, Stormzy and Florence & the Machine

The idea that to headline Glastonbury you have to be some sort of behemoth at the peak of your popularity is so farfetched

P!nk is comfortably bigger than the aforementioned, and even the likes of Dave and Pulp wouldn't be out of place comparatively, and make sense for a variety of reasons

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Needed a deep dive.

The news has cheered me up though, I can't think of much worse than a couple of helmets with auto tuned shite on a USB.

They're nowhere as good as all the hype. Couple of decent tunes that it. Right down the bottom in the league of successful dance acts.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

They're nowhere as good as all the hype. Couple of decent tunes that it. Right down the bottom in the league of successful dance acts.

Nonsense. 

Homework is one of the best electronic music albums of all time. 

• Upvote 4

Seen several pages of willy waving over who got the smallest crowd as if any headliner at Glastonbury has ever walked out to three men and a dog.

I was at Kendrick, Arcade Fire and the start of GnR and they all got decent sized crowds. Any act headlining the Pyramid is going to get a decent baseline crowd, then they get bigger based on other factors, culminating in Elton's ginormo crowd.

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2023 at 11:02 AM, gfa said:

The whole point of forums are for discussion

I think its worth them spaffing millions on AM or Eminem as they are perfect for the audience

Rihanna - not so much, and thats perfectly ok

I'm not talking at all about whether she's doing glasto or reading - just that she seems unlikely for Reading and far more likely to do her own stadiums shows

You misunderstand me sorry, all I was saying was whether you, or I for that matter, think its worth the money is irrelevant to point at hand. If Live Nation want to pay it they will. 

I don't disagree, I think she is more likely to not do any festivals and just do stadiums. But more likely to do a LN festival than Glasto, as she already has the deal with them. (I would hope she did Glasto over Madge for my own enjoyment).