2024 Headliners

The common point between Dua Lipa, Madonna, and Coldplay is that they are all top pop headliners.

About Coldplay, i have a feeling this will be their last appearance for a while and so the concert will be special for them. Their latest tour is so massive that I have the feeling it's their last "giant tour". Chris Martin will not be able to continue running around stadiums indefinitely, he is 46 years old. And as you know, they're really attached to Glastonbury so I think they really want to make a trip to the festival if that's the case.

However, playback is more and more present in their tours and the setlist is horribly fixed while they have an incredible repertoire, I hope they make an effort for Glastonbury.

Last thing, I think we should also take the economic factor into account. They have a deep respect for the festival, and even though there are many possible big headliners, those willing to make a financial effort for Glastonbury may not be as numerous. When you compare the exorbitant fees at Coachella to those at Glastonbury...

On the other hand, given the immense success of their tour, it's not good news for this rumor to appear just before the reopening of registrations...

I also notice that on the initial announcements of other festivals, there are no very big headliners at the moment. It was quite predictable given the impressive number of tours in 2022/2023.

42 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

The Guardian story states the Mail as the source so hopefully that’s enough to tell most readers it’s not entirely based on fact. 

At 65 and with her health back on track, it's got to be next year for Madonna along more expensive shows. If she didn't do it now then you're looking at her being 66 at the tour end, sitting out a year or two then coming back at 69/70 again for unlikely to be a new album. This is a greatest hits tour so I reckon she'll mix it up a bit next year. The only reason to return later again would be to include stuff not done on this tour but next year sounds right. I think the call Emily got was Madonna confirming yes as Hyde Park was on. It's an absolutely massive set of headliners that in size no festival will beat.

5 minutes ago, Drinky said:

IMG_1202.thumb.webp.76cf25d6a4526b0a469347794c0e0e50.webp

Ahah true but Mike has been able to keep his dose of madness that Chris Martin lost since he became more Americanized. We can also add Iggy Pop to the list.

2008 version of Chris Martin : 

2022 version of Chris Martin (1:29) 

Edited by ThomasPh

51 minutes ago, ThomasPh said:

The common point between Dua Lipa, Madonna, and Coldplay is that they are all top pop headliners.

About Coldplay, i have a feeling this will be their last appearance for a while and so the concert will be special for them. Their latest tour is so massive that I have the feeling it's their last "giant tour". Chris Martin will not be able to continue running around stadiums indefinitely, he is 46 years old. And as you know, they're really attached to Glastonbury so I think they really want to make a trip to the festival if that's the case.

However, playback is more and more present in their tours and the setlist is horribly fixed while they have an incredible repertoire, I hope they make an effort for Glastonbury.

Last thing, I think we should also take the economic factor into account. They have a deep respect for the festival, and even though there are many possible big headliners, those willing to make a financial effort for Glastonbury may not be as numerous. When you compare the exorbitant fees at Coachella to those at Glastonbury...

On the other hand, given the immense success of their tour, it's not good news for this rumor to appear just before the reopening of registrations...

I also notice that on the initial announcements of other festivals, there are no very big headliners at the moment. It was quite predictable given the impressive number of tours in 2022/2023.

Taylor is doing Coachella so thats the mega headliner of all headliners. And Coldplay playing for free was likely the only trade off to get Madonna cause they dont cost a dime. So im sure the consensus is that Coldplay is acceptable due to getting Madge out of it in the end.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Taylor is doing Coachella so thats the mega headliner of all headliners. And Coldplay playing for free was likely the only trade off to get Madonna cause they dont cost a dime. So im sure the consensus is that Coldplay is acceptable due to getting Madge out of it in the end.

I’d happily suffer another Coldplay set if it means I get to see Madge headline. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

I wouldn't take that as gospel, she has a massive team and backing dancers. She has nearly 2 months off from early March so nothing definitely says she's doig Coachella. 

Welp, there we have it.

It is quite pop, as some say, but that's still a strong trio of headliners - and while leaving aside my fustiness over repeat bookings, it also matches my other three-point criteria that Glastonbury can afford to do - one at the way up, one at the top, and one sailing into the sunset.

Good biscuits. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Naaaaah! Taylor is the star of all stars for sure (at the moment), but she’ll be headlining festivals for a years to come. Madonna however…

15 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

! Taylor is the star of all stars for sure (at the moment), but she’ll be headlining festivals for a years to come. Madonna however…

you could have said similar for Madge for all of the last 20 Yeats and she hasn't been headlining festivals. 😛 

And Sky News also confirmed it. Honestly, I find it's a very nice trio! New pop star Dua Lipa, legend Madonna and another big band who don't play festivals anymore Coldplay. Looking forward to see Dua's tourdates in Europoe next Summer.

Edited by Archi

Reads like a “we’ve been on the forums and picked the 3 most rumoured and likely” kind of story.

could be true could be total bollocks

Probably has more credibility than the sun tho after their pulp “confirmation” last year

agree they were set to run this “story” at this time regardless of the the ticket sale date change as would have been on the eve of the sale.

my opinions of the 3 potential headliners:

Dua Lipa: yes new artist etc but insipid boring music that sounds the same as everything else in the charts, nothing different, boring as f**k - definite NO from me

Coldplay: first 2 albums crackers, everything else I can remember is dross, bored of them now, definite NO

Madonna: definite YES - even if just to say I’ve seen her. Should be a great show. Potential for another mammoth crowd to watch that 1.

there’s my 2p. If you don’t like it that’s your problem. Seems like it’s not allowed to criticise artists in here anymore, particularly those of the female persuasion. 

6 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

my opinions of the 3 potential headliners:

Dua Lipa: yes new artist etc but insipid boring music that sounds the same as everything else in the charts, nothing different, boring as f**k - definite NO from me

Coldplay: first 2 albums crackers, everything else I can remember is dross, bored of them now, definite NO

Madonna: definite YES - even if just to say I’ve seen her. Should be a great show. Potential for another mammoth crowd to watch that 1.

there’s my 2p. If you don’t like it that’s your problem. Seems like it’s not allowed to criticise artists in here anymore, particularly those of the female persuasion. 

If you don’t like it that’s your problem 😂😂.

Someone had a bad Saturday night 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Nope pretty good night thanks, just bored of being told off on here for criticising artists and saying they’re boring. 

Have you been told off or do people just counter your opinion ?