2024 Headliners

10 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I wonder if Taylor is currently too big to safely have on at a festival. Considering how overcrowded Elton was this year with QOTSA on the Other Stage, it's hard to think of someone who would detract significantly more numbers from Taylor's crowd

I think they maxed out at Elton . Always some that would go elsewhere 

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

Whenever Taylor Swift plays, I hope it's a very well kept secret until after ALL tickets sales.

She's so crazy popular, I could see the festival crowd changing to a majority of Swifty's the year she plays and I don't think that's good for the festival in general.  Definitely not good for the acts that play under her on the Pyramid and some people with tickets will only go for that day.

I’d agree with that, her stock has really risen over recent times  especially with the demand for the tour. 2020 would have been ideal for the festival. Most of us book the festival irrespective of who is headlining, we know the ethos of the festival. Wouldn’t like to see thousands attempting for tickets just because of one act whoever it is. 

21 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I wonder if Taylor is currently too big to safely have on at a festival. Considering how overcrowded Elton was this year with QOTSA on the Other Stage, it's hard to think of someone who would detract significantly more numbers from Taylor's crowd

It's universal appeal rather that sheer popularity that causes crowding issues at a festival like Glastonbury where demand for tickets is high anyway. Elton had a level of cut-through which very few acts have (the success of the Dua Lipa collab bringing him to an entire new audience).

At a festival like Reading it would be an issue as you'd seen a massive proportion of tickets go to her fans, but at Glasto that wouldn't happen as there's such demand for tickets anyway.

No such as an act thats too big to play the Pyramid Stage. Worst case scenario theyd just close access lower down and funnel people up to the back like they’ve always done.

Even in the drone shots of Reg you can see space to stand and listen by the Mandela Bar.  You wouldn't see much but you'd hear it OK.

40 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Come from a good source .. that her fee was agreed but her management fee costs way too high 

That seems unlikely as it doesn't make much sense. Not least because she owns & controls her own management company - so fees wouldn't be discussed separately.

But also because the Eras tour simply doesn't (and couldn't, without a massive ground up rebuild) work for Festivals so I can't believe it was ever a serious conversation. With all the staff and gear it reportedly costs millions each week just to keep the show on the road - and that's before a single show is played - so taking a week off (as would definitely be needed) to rejig the show for the Pyramid would cost millions with all of the lost revenue.

Edited by incident

5 minutes ago, incident said:

That seems unlikely as it doesn't make much sense. Not least because she owns & controls her own management company - so fees wouldn't be discussed separately.

But also because the Eras tour simply doesn't (and couldn't, without a massive ground up rebuild) work for Festivals so I can't believe it was ever a serious conversation. With all the staff and gear it reportedly costs millions each week just to keep the show on the road - and that's before a single show is played - so taking a week off (as would definitely be needed) to rejig the show for the Pyramid would cost millions with all of the lost revenue.

apologies its a bit secondhand so ill quote ... Taylor Swift unlikely to ever happen at Pilton as although a fee was previously agreed , all other demands made by her and her management company were so ridiculous it caused disagreement with them and GFL .... 

I trust the source 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would be a shame. But no doubt her stock - while very high at the time of her booking in 2020 - has gone even more stratospheric with the arrival of Midnights, The Eras Tour and the most recent string of re-releases. Those numbers behind the TV edition of 1989 are obscene.

A shame, because you could absolutely condense that set into a straightforward band show and still blow the pants off the Pyramid field.

1 Cruel Summer
2 You Need to Calm Down
3 You Belong With Me
4 Love Story
5 Willow
6 ...Ready for It?
7 Look What You Made Me Do
8 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
9 All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)
10 Cardigan
11 Style
12 Blank Space
13 Shake It Off
14 Is It Over Now?
15 - - -
16 Anti-Hero
17 Mastermind
18 Karma

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Taylor Swift would not be Stones / Elton level busy. Not a chance

She doesn't appeal to a lot of the older audience one bit - and isn't a legend so won't get younger people going as a 'last chance' to see them

22 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Only she was booked in 2020, so clearly not.

She’s gone from being two ‘flop’ albums in a row to being the most untouchable artist in the world in that time though. Seems pretty widely agreed that she had that festival run lined up to do something she hadn’t done before and gain a bit of positive exposure, but she doesn’t need any of that now - she’s the one calling the shots. Granted, it might be something she’s keen on doing and it’s as simple as that, but tbh doing festivals barely benefits her at all considering how she can market and sell out her own shows so I don’t see any way it’s gonna happen in the foreseeable future. 

47 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

apologies its a bit secondhand so ill quote ... Taylor Swift unlikely to ever happen at Pilton as although a fee was previously agreed , all other demands made by her and her management company were so ridiculous it caused disagreement with them and GFL .... 

I trust the source 

I can believe it, and it's sad really. She's not the only one of course. We should value those huge acts who are interested in what Glastonbury is and what it represents, rather than just the money (...the likes of Coldplay!)

• Like 1

I'm less convinced tbh. She was confirmed 15th December and presented Emily with the Godlike Genius NME Award on 13th February.

The festival was cancelled on 18th March.

So is someone claiming it all fell apart between the late Feb and mid March 2020?

Cos she was still talking about it later on in the year

https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-planned-to-play-shake-it-off-taylor-swift-glastonbury-2020-2816295

And Emily is of course on record as saying they're confident about getting her again at some point.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm less convinced tbh. She was confirmed 15th December and presented Emily with the Godlike Genius NME Award on 13th February.

The festival was cancelled on 18th March.

So is someone claiming it all fell apart between the late Feb and mid March 2020?

Cos she was still talking about it later on in the year

https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-planned-to-play-shake-it-off-taylor-swift-glastonbury-2020-2816295

And Emily is of course on record as saying they're confident about getting her again at some point.

Or was it for later years ? But then would the intricacies have been discussed at that point ? 

Edited by Crazyfool01