2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Has that trio come from anywhere aside from speculation? 

Somebody on the Discord heard that trio way back in July, and somebody else with usually good info (first to give us GnR this year) has heard both Dua and Coldplay. Madonna is obviously the elusive ‘will she won’t she’ but I think the other two are pretty much nailed on. 

17 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd assume so. Dua Lipa to potentially drop pre-Christmas, Coldplay in the new year and then likely Madonna / replacement goldfish with the full line-up? Know Emily said she had hopes to drop a good chunk all at once.

Coldplay will come with the poster I think given they are a very stale booking

Dua Lipa up first - then Madonna if they feel confident

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'll believe it dropping early in the new year when I see it.

I'll be honest, even with the obvious exclusivity that Madonna would hold... not sure either Dua Lipa or Coldplay - despite the ascendancy and irrefutable commercial pull respectively - would necessarily light the fires.

well the early in the new year is fairly open to discussion when that might actually be .... feb could easily be considered early and we don't normally get much in Jan 

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well the early in the new year is fairly open to discussion when that might actually be .... feb could easily be considered early and we don't normally get much in Jan 

That's fair. February is early, dependent entirely on the subject.

Festival lineups? Nah.

Trunks? Also nah, I'm bonkers.

Emily's words were:

"... sometimes we try and do something before christmas, but I want to try and announce the full thing at the start of the year"

So yeah, "try and announce", something could change but I think that's what we'll get.

She was also clearly thinking "there is no pattern" but didn't want to say it.

5 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

P!nk would be the shittest headliner in recent history. Sure she can shift tickets but she’s not had a hit in over 10 years, got not much cross generational appeal and just not relevant in 2023.

Define recent history.

She's about a million times better than Mumford and Sons for example. (Still can't believe they headlined).

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

Coldplay will come with the poster I think given they are a very stale booking

Dua Lipa up first - then Madonna if they feel confident

I'm actually that pumped for this now that I'll be disappointed if they aren't announced. Not seen them since their headline set in 2011 which was monumental. Well up for them headlining again and the atmosphere that will create.

11 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

P!nk would be the shittest headliner in recent history. Sure she can shift tickets but she’s not had a hit in over 10 years, got not much cross generational appeal and just not relevant in 2023.

Utter bollox. It would go down an absolute storm without a moments hesitation. She's an absolutely incredible live performer at the top of her game, with a super voice. And stacks of brilliant tracks.

I don't think it'll be Pink at all, for what it's worth.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Utter bollox. It would go down an absolute storm without a moments hesitation. She's an absolutely incredible live performer at the top of her game, with a super voice. And stacks of brilliant tracks.

I don't think it'll be Pink at all, for what it's worth.

I don't think it'll be Pink. 

Edited by stuie