2024 Headliners

32 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

agree, when you look at the wording of here statement . "The story about our confirmed headliners is untrue" She hasn't said anyone isn't playing, she is saying the story about all 3 being confirmed is not true.  And I expect that is correct.  I doubt all 3 were 100% confirmed at that point.

Yes, it's an important distinction, what's untrue can just as easily be some or all aren't confirmed, as opposed to it's untrue these will be the three headliners.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If they tick off Madge then who's left? If we assume that Fleetwood Mac are done once and for all like they've said then Madge is the final white whale.

I think that’s it from that era - all the others are dead sadly. 

It’s on to the next lot… swift, weeknd, bieber, bad bunny 😂

Hasn’t it been great to be present throughout the glory years? 

Personally think its a quality trio if it ends up being the case, will also make some of the other headliners on other stages a bit quieter (I'll be looking elsewhere if its Madge and most of Dua.....). The last few Pyramid line ups have been great to be honest, great booking.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Depends, Dua and Madge will probably have their own shows to sell first, which only leaves Coldplay who they could easily leave for the poster.

I suppose I can’t be too annoyed about waiting a little longer for the line up to drop. A little inpatient seeing all these other festival line ups being announced. 

I’m sure Glastonbury will knock it out the park with the line up!

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This is the best thing about booking "bucket list, I must be there even if I don't like them" legacy artists.

AKA the world’s biggest artists. 

2 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

I just want Coldplay to be Sunday, rather than Saturday - that's my only ask... so I can potentially beat the traffic if there's nobody else headlining I don't fancy. Ha ha!

I’d guess Madonna will be Sunday to please the locals etc. 

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This is the best thing about booking "bucket list, I must be there even if I don't like them" legacy artists.

This is a great point, I felt like this for macca and elton. Albeit I wouldn't have missed them anyway, but did feel like "I literally can't see anyone else, even if I wanted to"

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Could also easily be on the Saturday 

Yep.

Let's be honest - if she's also doing BST the same weekend, then they'll get first dibs on the specific day. As would any other festival that pays a f**kload more than Glastonbury.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep.

Let's be honest - if she's also doing BST the same weekend, then they'll get first dibs on the specific day. As would any other festival that pays a f**kload more than Glastonbury.

The rise in her stock will come from the nation watching her Glasto performance on TV though, nothing to do with Hyde Park. 

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

The rise in her stock will come from the nation watching her Glasto performance on TV though, nothing to do with Hyde Park. 

The rise in her stock comes regardless of whether she's Saturday or Sunday. Or even to a lesser extent Friday.

And the direct rise in her bank balance comes from other dates - hence they'll get first choice.