2024 Headliners

8 minutes ago, incident said:

The rise in her stock comes regardless of whether she's Saturday or Sunday. Or even to a lesser extent Friday.

And the direct rise in her bank balance comes from other dates - hence they'll get first choice.

Makes perfect sense, I still feel it's going to be Sunday though.

Friday slot is a bit of a weird one, isn't it? It doesn't have the Saturday Night central feel, but neither the Sunday night locals/close out the festival vibe. You can't even say they're 'opening' the festival given there's been an entire day's worth of music by that point.

Edited by kalifire

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Friday slot is a bit of a weird one, isn't it? It doesn't have the Saturday Night central feel, but neither the Sunday night locals/close out the festival vibe. You can't even say they're 'opening' the festival given there's been an entire day's worth of music by that point.

might sound weird but I always use the Friday slot as a checkpoint for festival.... does that make sense? Make it through to Friday and thats checkpoint one haha

52 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

I just want Coldplay to be Sunday, rather than Saturday - that's my only ask... so I can potentially beat the traffic if there's nobody else headlining I don't fancy. Ha ha!

That's what I did last time they played. Stood looking at the pretty lights for a bit, then thought balls to this I'm standing in the mud listening to Coldplay songs I'm going home. 

I don't care where Madge plays as long as she doesn't clash with Tool.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Is "pleasing the locals" really a thing?

We had Elton last year but we've also had Kendrick and The Cure last few festivals. Is it not just acts playing when/where schedules allow?

I’m sure it’s all to do with the artists schedules. I spoke to a Glastonbury local pre festival in 2022 and she wasn’t too happy about missing Macca. I assume she would be happier this year with Elton. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The only real example of booking an act to please the locals on the Sunday was when they scheduled Mumford and Sons to appeal to the Somerset Farmer demographic.

They loved Kendrick.

Little known fact that Pilton is actually the  focal point of gangsta rap fandom in the UK. 

I was just looking at tickets for Madonna’s return to London next week and wondering if if I could afford to see her twice (I can’t) because I loved the show so much… 

So the BST rumours and improving likelihood of a potential Glastonbury headline slot make me very happy.  

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Is "pleasing the locals" really a thing?

Is it bollocks, it’s one of the e-fests myths. Given the small number of Sunday tickets available for locals (can’t remember if it’s 5k or 10k), I really don’t think they’re going to engineer the Sunday line up to cater for them 

Just now, henry bear said:

Is it bollocks, it’s one of the e-fests myths. Given the small number of Sunday tickets available for locals (can’t remember if it’s 5k or 10k), I really don’t think they’re going to engineer the Sunday line up to cater for them 

Yep and locals - in the context of Sunday tickets - is a somewhat misleading term here.

The *really* local people - ie residents close enough to the site that they might actually get a chance to bend Michaels ear on the subject - get weekend tickets anyway. Those are the people that the Festival will wish to keep on side.

The Sunday brigade will be from slightly further afield, and so don't have nearly the same voice in terms of planning or licencing.