2024 Headliners

I love this rollercoaster!!!

Glastonbury for me is so much more than the 5 days in June. It’s the months of speculation and the curve balls that get thrown our way.

This twist with Madge has made things a bit exciting again. Perhaps she will do it, perhaps not. But this is more fun than having all three firmed up in October!!

Re possible replacements, Metallica are free on the Sunday but would have to travel from France. People here have pointed out that doing so is a bit more difficult for bands post Brexit? But it might be feasible and they do have a relationship with the farm.

• Like 1

I was really looking forward to Madonna. 

I know that the article in the mail is terribly written but if you take out all the nonsense I think Madonna being in conversations and them now falling through is really likely. 

Be interesting to see who it is. Hopefully someone I care less about so I can go watch The National. 

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

I was really looking forward to Madonna. 

I know that the article in the mail is terribly written but if you take out all the nonsense I think Madonna being in conversations and them now falling through is really likely. 

Be interesting to see who it is. Hopefully someone I care less about so I can go watch The National. 

Yeah the optimist in me says ‘it’s just the Mail, f**k em’ but the realist in me knows Madonna was always gonna be a tough one to nail down given what we know about her fees (£2million for Eurovision, for example) so I can totally buy it all falling through.

Just gonna keep on hoping it’s bollocks until we get something a bit more concrete one way or another. 

• Upvote 1

Folks with long memories will know how close we came to losing Jay-Z in early 08 (I remember @Neilposting at the time that he thought he was gone amid rumours of cold feet and negotiation issues), and U2 and The Stones fell through a few times before they happened. Plus Prince of course. There are other options out there - Olivia getting a bump up, move the female legend to headline, charm offensive to Pink, see if Rihanna’s ready to put a show together, ask Chris Martin to put in a word with Begonce, go back to Madonna and talk her round…