2024 Headliners

12 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Only eFests could you find people turning their noses up to one of the greatest, talented and most prolific artists in the history of music playing on the Pyramid for only the second time in their illustrious career. You say "again" like it wasn't fourteen years back.

It’s 1 person ? 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Like The KLF?

Hey ….. that’s below the belt. I’ve been consistent with my request for the KLF since 2005 on here. Not just a flash in the pan like some old codger like Stevie who until 24 hours ago wasn’t even on the radar. 

Just now, Joey Peeps said:

Why so? 

I agree it sounds feasible though.

Info got shared on my watts app last night … from discord … I’m not on there . Was shared by new poster today . But person who posted it is more than reliable enough to convince me 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nope no problems with mentions if it’s in context of something like this . However link posting is out of order as it remains iggys business as are dms 

Perfect, a sensible position. I assume given that the same info appeared on there earlier that the OOF Discord is the source of this rumour.

O-Rod Friday, Dua Lipa Saturday and Stevie Wonder Sunday feels more right to me than Coldplay Friday.

Can't see them backtracking on 2 female headliners just cause Madonna pulls out. Neither Coldplay or Stevie Wonder feel like a friday headliner either.

Can imagine they could defer Coldplay till 2025. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

If you're 20, you were 6 when Stevie last headlined. It is a bit weird when people compare about the line-ups being samey/ stale when they've gone every year for the past twenty.

Yes quite.

I reckon that outside of the confines of this forum, the turnover of festival ticket buyers across any given 10 year period must be somewhere around 90%. It'll be much lower for staff, but the lineup isn't being booked for them.

16 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Perfect, a sensible position. I assume given that the same info appeared on there earlier that the OOF Discord is the source of this rumour.

What I saw yep but can’t answer for mysterious new account . I presume that relates to it too given the timing 

Just now, Mich1268 said:

Have we gone down a Stevie Wonder rabbit hole who is not actually even a strong rumour? It would be a massive yes for me. Absolute genius songwriter and perfomer. 

For the time being the area needs a bit of love and attention I’d suggest which is something that is being worked on 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

O-Rod Friday, Dua Lipa Saturday and Stevie Wonder Sunday feels more right to me than Coldplay Friday.

Can't see them backtracking on 2 female headliners just cause Madonna pulls out. Neither Coldplay or Stevie Wonder feel like a friday headliner either.

Can imagine they could defer Coldplay till 2025. 

Coldplay would have been contracted ages ago. I can’t see them saying “Sorry Chris, Madge shat the bed so we’re going to need to cancel your booking and get O rod in on account of your penis.”

Edited by Mark H
  • Like 2

Just now, Krisesk said:

As someone who has no idea about this rumour and I he sourcing, what percentage of confidence would you put in this source being correct?

This individual one … 95% for me . The person has supplied info here and now discord for several years