2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Presume this is a nonsense headlineScreenshot_20240114_195308_Chrome.thumb.jpg.832f0eca6328bc4b8de8e455a40ecbe3.jpg

Very strange how this seemingly AI Twitter page churning out random news it’s scoured from the net managed to get a Glastonbury headliner right before seemingly anybody else, even if the details of it being announced are incorrect. 

We can’t seriously be turning our noses up at Stevie F Wonder! It was a long time ago and he smashed it so why can’t he smash it again?

Because we go every year we assume that’s the default position but if he does play again this year the % of his crowd who’ve seen stevie at Glasto before will be quite small I reckon.

maybe we could have a poll? 😂

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

We can’t seriously be turning our noses up at Stevie F Wonder! It was a long time ago and he smashed it so why can’t he smash it again?

Because we go every year we assume that’s the default position but if he does play again this year the % of his crowd who’ve seen stevie at Glasto before will be quite small I reckon.

maybe we could have a poll? 😂

IF I manage to get tickets I will 100% be there for Stevie, so many hits!

9 minutes ago, cinnamoncola said:

So was Emily talking about Stevie Wonder when she mentioned the "big American artist" that suddenly became available?

Hard to say. Could have been Madonna at that point. Or Madonna talks could have already crashed and Stevie became available. Be interesting to see what his other dates look like (if this is legit).

Edit: Emily qualifying that comment with 'it'll make sense once the line-up is out' (in reference to why they were hanging off) still points more towards Madonna at that point, IMO.

Edited by Joey Peeps
  • Like 1

I personally don’t think it was Stevie because going with the logic that Dua and Coldplay were already booked and the legend was also booked because Emily was able to confirm the legend being female (I doubt negotiations would be done and dusted within the space of a week) the big American artist was probably female, as Emily said ‘we might get two (female headliners)’ in the podcast, might because Dua was already booked but the other female headliner wasn’t yet confirmed. Also, she could have said that two female headliners if you considered the legend as the fourth headliner, but she didn’t. I doubt the big American artist was Madonna because this artist saying they were free seemed out of the blue. But, Madonna seems like someone they would have been trying to get for a long time. 

Edited by Glastozone
Just

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm still not convinced on Coldplay. If that is the case it could be one female signed up (Dua), one hopeful (Madonna or ?) and the big act coming available is Stevie.

Why not convinced on Coldplay given the strong info ? What’s putting you off ? The 2 females info ? 

So it's obvious that Coldplay are going to be there... but what are the chances that Chris Martin was a little bit Jel of all the fuss around The Churnups? He loves the place, maybe he's up for trying something new as well in a different slot? Are they definitely headlining?

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Why not convinced on Coldplay given the strong info ? What’s putting you off ? The 2 females info ? 

I don't know. It just doesn't feel right somehow. The hoping for 2 females bit if the suddenly available act was Stevie backs that up. If they were supposedly locked in before that, then it doesn't make sense.