2024 Headliners

On the Dua having a Stan front, my friend is one. She’s been at the top of his Spotify wrapped for at least 2 years and other artists in the top 5 being people she’s collabed with. I’m excited for this booking purely for his sake. 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

There's enough at Jazz for me, but not at those prices.

I don't know the price. Those people you mentioned are going to do that but fact is if Glastonbury released a lineup with The Stones, Killers, Foos, Neil Young and The Beach Boys on it, it would be a Rave!

Bearing it mind we would know about two of those headliners probably before the rest of it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Lads yis are hilarious (and a bunch of contrary b*stards!😁). Some one else posts the NOLA Jazz Festival lineup in another thread and everyone salivates over it, Supre posts it here and it’s shite! FWIW, I think it’s stacked (even if most of the big hitters have been on the farm previously…we’d happily take them back though if we are being honest!). 

edit: typo 

they all love piling on don't they, he could post the Glasto lineup on an American festival background they would all call it rubbish and then say it was the best thing in the world if it was just posted as the glasto lineup.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That was before she started releasing platinum-plated bangers on the reg and shaped up as a live act.

That Reading gig was a show with songs performed from her first album that outsold her second album, so that's a rubbish statement. 

4 minutes ago, pryce said:

they all love piling on don't they, he could post the Glasto lineup on an American festival background they would all call it rubbish and then say it was the best thing in the world if it was just posted as the glasto lineup.  

To be honest Amricans probably would call Glastonbury rubbish....you've seen what they book for their festivals.

Woh woh woh can we please all stop with the discussion about one of the 2024 Glastonbury festival Pyramid stage headliners.

This is the Suprafan sh*t American festival debate thread, not the 2024 headliners thread

17 hours ago, northernangel said:

She could be doing stadiums that don't require weekly events.

It takes a lot longer than a week to reconfigure a stadium for gigs and then back to sport, but protecting/maintaining the pitch is the main problem/concern.  Also, I can’t think of a single stadium in the UK which won’t be in use for sport in September.  There’s a clear reason why absolutely nobody does stadium tours in September in the UK, ever.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It takes a lot longer than a week to reconfigure a stadium for gigs and then back to sport, but protecting/maintaining the pitch is the main problem/concern.  Also, I can’t think of a single stadium in the UK which won’t be in use for sport in September.  There’s a clear reason why absolutely nobody does stadium tours in September in the UK, ever.

Wembley, Twickenham, Millennium, Murrayfield, and Hampden are about the only potential major ones. Even then it depends on when the England/Wales/Scotland teams have their Football/Rugby matches scheduled.

5 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Such as?

The only one I can remember was the U2 360 tour back in 2009. The fact it was in September meant that for Northern England they had to use the decrepit (and now demolished) Don Valley Stadium at Sheffield, leading to a pitch that looked like this:

image.jpeg.5242c587ea433b6b78f89d101eef0771.jpeg

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, incident said:

Wembley, Twickenham, Millennium, Murrayfield, and Hampden are about the only potential major ones. Even then it depends on when the England/Wales/Scotland teams have their Football/Rugby matches scheduled.

The only one I can remember was the U2 360 tour back in 2009. The fact it was in September meant that for Northern England they had to use the decrepit (and now demolished) Don Valley Stadium at Sheffield, leading to a pitch that looked like this:

It's a game of two halves

4 minutes ago, incident said:

f**k, that looks bleak

1 hour ago, pryce said:

No one: Can't wait for the Glasto line up to drop so we can go and post it on Coachella forums.  

Weird. 

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Ok that one’s good 

Stones and the top line is decent.  Nothing on the undercard I know but I accept I am an ageing fossil. 

Also, is this festival 10 days long?