2024 Headliners

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Not confirmed but I’ve had info seperately Stevie is in for BST and Madonna out 

Ah, another guy on the internet! 

It is unprecedented… not even a sighting  of him in 4 years then BST and Glasto… just like that. 

Being my first Glasto I likely coming at the headline rumours from a different space.

Iv never seen Coldplay (Went and seen the Screamadelica set over them at TITP)

Would love to see Stevie Wonder or Madonna purely as huge names.

Dont willingly listen to Dua but from radio being on at work probably know every tune she would play.

Overall I’d be happy with any the rumoured headliners. While since Blur announced Coachella I’d love to see them live again! So holding out for a swerve and they are in. 

• Like 1

f**k all this tosh and these aged f**king pop stars (I swear ME has a hidden agenda and wants a death on the pyramid during a headline slot) 

It’ll be Jean-Michel Jarre, The KLF and Enigma. Fri, Sat and Sun headliners. 

Because none of them are old and they would smash the f**k out of the pyramid. 

Peace out, one love, word to your mutha 🙏🕺💃

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think if Glastonbury managed to book Stevie, Sting, Dua Lipa, Pulp, The Killers, Avril Lavigne, Coldplay, wildcard Olivia, Shania Twain, The National, The Prodigy, Keane, The Smile, Snow Patrol.

I think it would be hard not to call that a cracker and up there with the strongest of the year.

Snow patrol?

3 minutes ago, km9 said:

Snow patrol?

Yeah like I think they are decent for an Undercard band. There is so many options that could be worse than them. They are a band for me that I've never got the chance to catch at a festival but would never tour.

Like depending on where Fatboy Slim is booked and who clashes, if him and SP were both booked then that's my reason for going to say Victorious for Friday.

1 hour ago, MMMarc1720 said:

Being my first Glasto I likely coming at the headline rumours from a different space.

Dont willingly listen to Dua but from radio being on at work probably know every tune she would play.

Overall I’d be happy with any the rumoured headliners. While since Blur announced Coachella I’d love to see them live again! So holding out for a swerve and they are in. 

I think you will enjoy all three (assuming they're confirmed).

1 hour ago, MMMarc1720 said:

The beauty of Glastonbury is you've got a few months to get a listen on to get into their music. 

And in all probability you'll probably end up somewhere else anyway!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:45 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

It’d be worth having Waters on the Pyramid for the lighting alone!

hes done it, stuff like this...

a71f06496a42ee21d171f9a75c98316c.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Franky said:

f**k all this tosh and these aged f**king pop stars (I swear ME has a hidden agenda and wants a death on the pyramid during a headline slot) 

It’ll be Jean-Michel Jarre, The KLF and Enigma. Fri, Sat and Sun headliners. 

Because none of them are old and they would smash the f**k out of the pyramid. 

Peace out, one love, word to your mutha 🙏🕺💃

Spot on, brother. Enigma (66),  Drummond (70) and Jarre (75) are the hip young names that the kids are calling out for to revitalise the line up.

2 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

https://apple.news/AlY8nbGQmSTGm0yCqi8Bk5g

Not sure if this link works re an article from the Mirror suggesting Billy Joel as a headliner 

Well he would be amazing for me personally and is free at the moment with nothing after this gig till July. Look who he is with! 
Only thing I would say is his show in August in Cardiff is billed as his only European show of the year, but as we are not in Europe 😁

IMG_2130.png

The Billy Joel shows with Stevie Nicks and Sting are co-headline sets rather than together, I think.

But in the vein of those Paul Simon and Sting shows from a few years ago, I'd be delighted to see a Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks co-headliner set.

Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks
1 Dreams
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
She's Always a Woman
Rhiannon

Stevie Nicks
Outside the Rain
Gypsy
Stand Back
Free Fallin'
Gold Dust Woman

10 Uptown Girl
11 Edge of Seventeen

Billy Joel
12 New York State of Mind
13 My Life
14 You May Be Right
15 It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
16 Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

17 Piano Man
18 We Didn't Start the Fire
19 Landslide
20 Only the Good Die Young

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Their 'source' is some bookies odds 

And 7/2 at that, which means basically no money worth mentioning has gone on him.

Though hopefully Emily sees the story and thinks "oh, that'd work for next year".

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The Billy Joel shows with Stevie Nicks and Sting are co-headline sets rather than together, I think.

But in the vein of those Paul Simon and Sting shows from a few years ago, I'd be delighted to see a Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks co-headliner set.

1 Dreams
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
She's Always a Woman
Rhiannon

Stevie Nicks
Outside the Rain
Gypsy
Stand Back
Free Fallin'
Gold Dust Woman

10 Uptown Girl
11 Edge of Seventeen

Billy Joel
12 New York State of Mind
13 My Life
14 You May Be Right
15 It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
16 Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

17 Piano Man
18 We Didn't Start the Fire
19 Landslide
20 Only the Good Die Young

If you can find space to sneak Vienna and River of Dreams in there, you've got a deal.

12 hours ago, MMMarc1720 said:

None of my lot have seen Coldplay before and all are very excited - probably will end up there with them as I haven't seen them either.

if they are against Justice will be fuming though if my lot all go to coldplay!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gfa said:

None of my lot have seen Coldplay before and all are very excited - probably will end up there with them as I haven't seen them either.

if they are against Justice will be fuming though if my lot all go to coldplay!

These are the times where you just have to trust your gut and go and see Justice and see something magical. If your friends want to miss out on that then so be it