2024 Headliners

4 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Artists that haven't headlined yet but most likely will:

The 1975
Dua (doing this year)
Harry Styles
Olivia Rodrigo

and then The Weeknd and Taylor Swift could but it's a long shot because of how massive they both are.

Artists that probably will on their next album:
Dave
Fred Again.. (would love to see the thread here when that happens)
Sam Fender

Artists that are big enough but won't:

AC/DC (not gonna happen now, obviously)
Drake (would be a weird booking)
Eagles (£££)
Eminem (can't see it)
Iron Maiden (don't wanna do it)
Madonna (seemed like the perfect time this year)
Rihanna (never tours)

Said it in 2022 when I first seen him. Fred and fender both to headline in the next 3 years 

It's a weird take. Foals, Biffy Clyro and Wolf Alice are three of my favourite bands, but one of the best things about Glastonbury is it's basically the only festival in the UK where you can see acts the same level as these guys headlining not-the-main-stage, or slightly earlier in the day, followed by a stadium level act, or whoever you want to see instead

5 hours ago, Ncahir94 said:

Said it in 2022 when I first seen him. Fred and fender both to headline in the next 3 years 

reckon young fathers should be in any future headliners list.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Young Fathers who have 4 albums and none of which have got in the top 5? More chance of me headlining. They would make Foals headlining look like the Rolling Stones.

anyone who saw them on west holts last year knows they've got what it takes to carry it off.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

anyone who saw them on west holts last year knows they've got what it takes to carry it off.

apart from the commercial success and popularity. 

• Upvote 8

While definitely not big enough to headline and won't be looked at. 

If at some future festival a random sequence of events occured and a headliner dropped out just before their performance and Young Fathers were the only act available to jump into the slot. 

Everyone one would have a cracking time!! 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, stuie said:

apart from the commercial success and popularity. 

popularity is there with anyone who saw them last year, what sh*t act were no quality you!  watching then?

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

popularity is there with anyone who saw them last year, what sh*t act were no quality you!  watching then?

They're the definition of a cult band though. I love Young Fathers but there's probably less hype behind them then there was 7-8 years ago after their Mercury prize win.

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

They're the definition of a cult band though. I love Young Fathers but there's probably less hype behind them then there was 7-8 years ago after their Mercury prize win.

is not about any cultish thing its about band with a headliner-suitable performance.

My mate's band are ace and the people in the room when I saw them the other week loved them. They're a nailed on future headliner by the same logic.

I love Young Fathers and they're brilliant live, but cmon, a band can be amazing without being commercially big enough to come anywhere near headlining

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Neil said:

Saw end of Young Fathers as it happens.  WH wasn't even full so they aren't going to pull off Pyramid.  As you've asked, I watched the first half of Fred Again, then walked through to West Holts for end of YF, then went to bed as I started at 4am on Saturday.

What I saw is not relevant to then not being on the future headliners list!