2024 Headliners

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's just a simple fact that a top line of Royal Blood, Lizzo and Lil Nas X is stronger than one of Arctic Monkeys, Guns'n'Roses and Elton with Royal Blood, Lizzo and Lil Nas X on immediately before them.

This. How anyone can think this is an intelligent argument is staggering.

• Upvote 1

So just to sum up here at the festivals monthly managerial meeting:

1. Other stage headliners to now headline Pyramid.

2. Woodies headliners to headline Other stage.

3. Park headliners to headline WH.

4. Avalon headliners to headline Park stage. 

5. C Neuf headliners to headline Park stage 

6. Walk about buskers to headline C Neuf.

…(I’ve got some multiple night stadium outselling acts on the phone and they need a decision) raise your hands if we are all on agreement? 

Genius. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stuie said:

For someone with such a long history with the festival, I’m flabbergasted that you think they could put the Other stage line up on the Pyramid without any effect on ticket demand or tv viewer numbers! 

Perhaps you missed Coachella’s sh*tty sales this year? 

You could put Sooty, Sweep and Sue headlining on the Saturday night and I would still be buying my Glasto tickets with me mates 🙂 🕺

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm sure it will be absolutely fine to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. Absolutely no doubt about it, and no parables or examples from history to suggest otherwise.

3 hours ago, stuie said:

For someone with such a long history with the festival, I’m flabbergasted that you think they could put the Other stage line up on the Pyramid without any effect on ticket demand or tv viewer numbers! 

Perhaps you missed Coachella’s sh*tty sales this year? 

The pair of you being a bit overzealous here. Not suggesting for a second that the have three low level headliners on, but if they had one mega headliner on and a solid undercard on, it wouldn't affect it at all in the big scheme of things. The festival doesn't need to sell out ten times over, it needs to sell out once.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's just a simple fact that a top line of Royal Blood, Lizzo and Lil Nas X is stronger than one of Arctic Monkeys, Guns'n'Roses and Elton with Royal Blood, Lizzo and Lil Nas X on immediately before them.

It’s the same for people who say Download should give KoRn a headline slot. Why bump KoRn up when you can have a headline act with KoRn playing under them?

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm sure it will be absolutely fine to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. Absolutely no doubt about it, and no parables or examples from history to suggest otherwise.

Emily handing over the reins to Gerald Ratner

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Franky said:

You could put Sooty, Sweep and Sue headlining on the Saturday night and I would still be buying my Glasto tickets with me mates 🙂 🕺

I dunno mate. Have they even got any new material? If they flop, people might lost confidence in the bookers for next year. 

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

The pair of you being a bit overzealous here. Not suggesting for a second that the have three low level headliners on, but if they had one mega headliner on and a solid undercard on, it wouldn't affect it at all in the big scheme of things. The festival doesn't need to sell out ten times over, it needs to sell out once.

I’m sure that’s what they will do, if they have no other choice at any point in the future. Arguably, they’ve already done it some years!

I’ve said before I’m all up for them giving a leg up to the top level where it’s a good fit - like they should have done with Lizzo next year (not just on the poster position). 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, stuie said:

I dunno mate. Have they even got any new material? If they flop, people might lost confidence in the bookers for next year. 

Since Sweep's untimely death from an overdose and Sue leaving to pursue her writing career it just leaves Sooty standing on stage waving his arms expressively for 90 minutes in absolute silence.  Apparently the light show is the sh*t.

9 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Since Sweep's untimely death from an overdose and Sue leaving to pursue her writing career it just leaves Sooty standing on stage waving his arms expressively for 90 minutes in absolute silence.  Apparently the light show is the sh*t.

I had no idea about Sweep… I’m devastated. He was an important figure in my childhood.

31 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

No stranger than Sparks.

I think it's just because there are other options within the festival that suit Dexys down to the ground. Not that I'm against them being on the Park Stage.

4 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Glastonbury Festival Fans group was the top post in the group.

Not helpful but i was shown it on someone else phone. I'm not in the group.

this .... in which case it doesn't mean a coldplay announcement .... we've seen images like that on the cam several times  .... maybe birds .... but manifesting those into coldplay images is a bg push 

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 19.13.16.png