2024 Headliners

I mean should it not be a one strike thing.

I.e If you claim to know insider info on the line up but as part of that info you name an act (Future Islands) that absolutely can not be playing Glastonbury then the rest of the info is instantly dismissed? 

That's how I would think about it. 

36 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Almost certainly bollocks but Human League opening Other is such a weirdly specific detail that is has me second guessing myself.

It's very specific, but it'd also be so wildly out of place that I just can't imagine it happening.

They're very much in the category of "the more alcohol the audience has consumed, the better they are". Putting them at noon would be madness.

52 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I.e If you claim to know insider info on the line up but as part of that info you name an act (Future Islands) that absolutely can not be playing Glastonbury then the rest of the info is instantly dismissed? 

Yeah, I look at it as, if it is going to be genuine then there isn't going to stuff on there which is wrong.

So they either have genuinely heard from someone but it's wrong (because that person is either making it up or has got it incorrect)

Or 

They are just making it up themselves. 

Either way if they are claiming it's a "leak" then it isn't if stuff on there can't happen. 

Also it's a bit of a grab bag of stuff why would you have these specific things across the whole festival? Usually legit info is on one or a couple of acts or relating to one particular stage.

34 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah, I look at it as, if it is going to be genuine then there isn't going to stuff on there which is wrong.

So they either have genuinely heard from someone but it's wrong (because that person is either making it up or has got it incorrect)

Or 

They are just making it up themselves. 

Either way if they are claiming it's a "leak" then it isn't if stuff on there can't happen. 

Also it's a bit of a grab bag of stuff why would you have these specific things across the whole festival? Usually legit info is on one or a couple of acts or relating to one particular stage.

There really is very little chance of any kind of poster leak , people are clutching at straws on this .... people might get wind of a few artists but the whole poster is going to be pretty locked down to just a few people surely 

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not just Future Islands. Say She She are playing in US on the Saturday, so seem incredibly unlikely. This looks like someone has read some rumours and is trying to pass themselves off as being ITK (without doing a deep dive to see if it's all even possible)

44 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

We do realise theres a full debate going on about a reddit post, a site known for the rule of thumb of 'assume everything everyone says is completely made up'.

Yes for sure,  but in the absence of anything else. 

I mean, it makes a welcome change not to be having some of the circular arguments we have 😀

3 hours ago, crumbler said:

Almost certainly bollocks but Human League opening Other is such a weirdly specific detail that is has me second guessing myself.

Maybe they're running with a noon-time cheese slot

Rick Astley last year

Human League this yeat

7 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

they are right on Jungle and Fontaines

Jungle has been discussed on here widely.  Be interested if Fontaines is right, could be, but I don't know that Park feels right after later afternoon Other stage with a big crowd last time.  It isn't that implausable but I thought they would be a Woodsies headliner or maybe Other Stage again.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

22 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Jungle has been discussed on here widely.  Be interested if Fontaines is right, could be, but I don't know that Park feels right after later afternoon Other stage with a big crowd last time.  It isn't that implausable but I thought they would be a Woodsies headliner or maybe Other Stage again.

Fontaines defo on park pal

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, if it ends up with Jungle versus Placebo I'm going to cry.  Jungle are my favourite feel good glastonbury act, who never fail to deliver, but in all my years of festivals I've somehow never seen Placebo.

That Reddit post is clearly bollocks considering the amount of provable false info on there already (Future Islands and Say She She being in America at the time) so I wouldn’t go worrying about any of the potential clashes it’s listed there - it’s just a mix of stuff from here, discord etc with some additional bad guesswork added on top.

And Stevie Nicks is obviously not headlining.