2024 Headliners

5 minutes ago, readyforsummer said:

There was no confusion with Stevies. I shared all the info and all have been right so far. To clarify, I have heard nothing on a Stevie W change.

Hold the front page... Stevie Wonder is back on! 🙂 

Just now, stuie said:

Good information in the past isn't a guarantee of good information now.

Nothings guaranteed, it's a rumours forum/ discord. He's got an unreal track record.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Who's BSR's source, how in touch are they? Was it a case of Chinese whispers? Maybe SW was approached by BST but was not asked by GFL. 

How am I meant to know anyone's source lol, I'm assuming based on their track record that they have good sources who they trust.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Ultimately, people have had Stevie W nailed to the pyramid stage for weeks and now he isn't so it's bollocks as far as I'm concerned. 

The rumour that he is now out comes from the same discord from another person with a good track record lol. Why aren't you questioning their sources so rigorously.

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

How am I meant to know anyone's source lol, I'm assuming based on their track record that they have good sources who they trust.

It was a rhetorical question - I guess BSR's source has a source who has a source etc.  Sometimes rumours are wrong - that's just the way it is. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

It was a rhetorical question - I guess BSR's source has a source who has a source etc.  Sometimes rumours are wrong - that's just the way it is. 

Yep i totally agree with this. To me 'bollocks' implied it was made up nonsense, maybe it's just semantics.

Lots of people have confirmed Stevie W was in the frame to headline, it seems to have fallen through. Not sure why I even care cause I didn't get tickets lol. 

If they did give a call to O Rod as a back up.. or a back up to the back up (originally Madonna) I don't get why they never just had her in the frame to headline anyway. She's big enough. Maybe they had it pencilled in for 2026 or something I guess. 

Feels shite if she is 3rd choice 

37 minutes ago, Drinky said:

This production will absolutely slay on the Pyramid

f**kinell. The screaming. Save us, Baby Jesus. If I had that tuneless fecker next to me as well I think I might just self-immolate and try to take as many people with me as possible

• Upvote 2

Just now, fullfathom5 said:

O-Rod feels like a Friday night headliner rather than a Sunday, move Coldplay to Sunday... so I can watch The National.

That's not impossible tbh. Coldplays dates are wide open for them to do any of the days with no logistical issues.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

If they did give a call to O Rod as a back up.. or a back up to the back up (originally Madonna) I don't get why they never just had her in the frame to headline anyway. She's big enough. Maybe they had it pencilled in for 2026 or something I guess. 

Feels shite if she is 3rd choice 

As a punter, O-Rod as a sub is great news. More bang for my buck as a ticket holder. I'm not her manager.

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

All headline level acts I can think of who are technically free, even if not likely:
Olivia Rodrigo (finishes tour a few days before)

Pearl Jam (only free on Friday I think, but it's likely Sunday we're after)

Kings of Leon (Hyde Park on Sunday so would need someone to shuffle around)

Bruce Springsteen (Probably a 1% chance of him doing it, in Nijmegen on Saturday and doesn't do two dates in a row. Would need to be a special exception)

Blur (doing Coachella, not likely but possible)

The 1975 (tour finishes next month but realistically would never turn it down, seem desperate to headline, would probably do it for free as long as they got the good publicity from it)

AC/DC (same as Bruce, don't do consecutive dates and are in Switzerland on Saturday even if theoretically free)

The Killers (whole weekend is free but only played 5 years ago. Too soon unless they can't find a single other replacement)

Ed Sheeran (In Tenerife on Saturday so unlikely, but theoretically possible)

Stevie Nicks (Hyde Park two weeks later, hard to know whether she could headline)

O-Rod seems by far the most likely

Dave is a glaring omission.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I reckon she's better positioned with crowd-pleasers than either Billie or Stormzy.

Drivers Licence, Vampire, Good 4 U, Get Him Back, Bad Idea Right? are all big tunes.

100% agreed. 2 critically acclaimed and commercially succesful albums with huge hits. already smashed it at the festival with an iconic moment with lilly allen , making political statements... shes in england and might already be down as a pyramid sub... makes too much sense if they need a last minute replacement.