2024 Headliners

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fairly sure this poster was tee-ing up KoL a few days back.

I'm not convinced they're doing it and given that by the look of it, none of their June/July UK shows are sell-outs yet across what is a fairly extensive tour, they might go down as a fairly underwhelming choice.

It's certainly a contrast to GD and their 3 sell-out stadium tour shows. But even then, their IOW presence makes me doubt they'd do an IOW/Glasto double.

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'm not convinced they're doing it and given that by the look of it, none of their June/July UK shows are sell-outs yet across what is a fairly extensive tour, they might go down as a fairly underwhelming choice.

It's certainly a contrast to GD and their 3 sell-out stadium tour shows. But even then, their IOW presence makes me doubt they'd do an IOW/Glasto double.

Not sure how many have topped both in the same year. Neil Young in 09?

I’d love me some Green Day. I sold my Saviours tour tickets because of glasto and despite living within the vicinity of IOW I’m not paying a squillion quid to watch them surrounded by grumpy Bembridge grans in camping chairs. So. Many. Camping. Chairs

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Green Day for the Churnups, maybe. Take their House of Blues setlist with a few tweaks, and it's an hour where a lot of the songs will be known.

American Idiot
Jesus of Suburbia
Holiday
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Longview
Welcome to Paradise
When I Come Around
21 Guns
Hitchin' a Ride
10 Minority
11 She
12 Basket Case
13 Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Don't see a world where they don't play Wake Me Up (When September Ends) on the pointy.

3 minutes ago, kpins said:

That's not the homepage it's news from November when they announced it. I was thinking they might have quietly dropped this but from the line up or artist information. 

Their most recent press release around a month ago confirming extra performers said, "American rock heroes and one of the world’s biggest-selling artists Green Day, who will close the Festival’s Main Stage on Sunday night in a UK festival exclusive."

So they're still holding onto it.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Their most recent press release around a month ago confirming extra performers said, "American rock heroes and one of the world’s biggest-selling artists Green Day, who will close the Festival’s Main Stage on Sunday night in a UK festival exclusive."

So they're still holding onto it.

If its changed it will be more recent than that.  If.

Maybe they’ll get around it by saying they’re playing American Idiot / Dookie in full which they aren’t doing at any of the festival shows? Making it a different exclusive somehow contractually. Would love this to happen and hope it does but surely Green Day don’t agree to subbing SZA? 

Are we seriously at the ‘maybe Green Day will sub’ stage of denial? People will be saying Billie Joe is scared of the dark soon. 

If Green Day were booked why would it not just be as a headliner, especially in a year where the festival is clearly struggling to secure one? Total hopium.