2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, gfa said:

scenes if GNR pull out and are nailed on for 2024

thing i'd just leave this place, couldn't cope with another year of GNR tantrums

Apparently GnR are actually playing at Queens Glass in Bury. But Duff didn't translate this very well.

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

After today's news, let all the BS on the old thread move here...

I'm calling Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift and The 1975

I thought this but then I think this statement in the Guardian article rules out Dua?

Next year’s festival should see two women headline, said Eavis – one confirmed, one close, and both of them Glastonbury first-timers. Rihanna and Madonna are among the top-billing acts who have never played the festival.

1 minute ago, ProperTea said:

I thought this but then I think this statement in the Guardian article rules out Dua?

Next year’s festival should see two women headline, said Eavis – one confirmed, one close, and both of them Glastonbury first-timers. Rihanna and Madonna are among the top-billing acts who have never played the festival.

Could mean first time headliners, but yeah, if not Dua, then Madonna is my bet. 

3 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Yeah, I just read the article...

So I am now saying (in performign order...)

The 1975, Taylor Swift, Madonna.

17 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Taylor, Rihanna, Madonna and P!nk fit the bill.... any others?

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Emily hopes they will have Taylor "within the next 5 years".

Sounds like she's not in the two being discussed for 2024.

That's vague enough for me... I'll stick with my prediction, otherwiseI'll be changing it constantly for the next 12 months...

I mean, if the interviewer asked her directly about Taylor, and she said 'We're hoping to get her in the next 2 years! that kind of lets the cat out of the bag...' It's a unique situation, due to the 2020 booking, so Emily will always have to answer the question discreetly, until ink is on the contract and the announcement is official. 

Edited by maelzoid
clarification

1 minute ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Emily said she hoped Taylor would play in the next 5 years, whilst saying that two females are very close.

Yes, the way I read it is there's no Taylor next year. I get the impression she pulled out after tentatively agreeing to play 2023 and now they have to wait for her tour to finish and the stars to align again.

I reckon Dua is booked and Madonna is close.

I feel like Dua is nailed on, despite the 'first timer' comment. It would still be her first time headlining and appearing on Pyramid. I just think she's exactly the kind of act Emily would want to give a headline slot to. Maybe doesn't mean anything but Emily also constantly likes her instagram posts 

Yeah Dua seems destined to step up the moment her new album is out so be weird if that wasn’t next year. Dua, one of Taylor/Madge, and then The 1975 (or maybe even Depeche Mode if they’re still about and wanting to do it before they pack it in).

Honestly, the two female headliner thing has narrowed down speculation significantly - reckon we’ll get this nailed down earlier than ever, if we haven’t already. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still think it's Dua. The Guardian maybe just forgetting she played the JPT many moons ago.

I think it’s a direct quote from Emily though. For that reason, think Dua is out (as a headliner). Think it’s two from Taylor, Rihanna, Madonna and P!nk.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

52 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Emily hopes they will have Taylor "within the next 5 years".

Sounds like she's not in the two being discussed for 2024.

I'm not reading anything into that either way. Emily can be vague like that. I wouldn't call it deliberately misleading, but certainly not intending to tip her hand.

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I think it’s a direct quote from Emily though. For that reason, think Dua is out (as a headliner). Think it’s two from Taylor, Rihanna, Madonna and P!nk.

Two from any of those would instantly be a better trio than this year's, whoever else is on the top row.

• Upvote 1