2024 Headliners

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think the third headliner will be between The 1975 and Depeche Mode tbh, and I’m hoping for the latter as Matt Healy’s lot have got years down the line to do it, whereas it’s more or less Depeche Mode’s last chance before they disband. 

Depeche Mode and then two out of those three female acts would be a great set of headliners for me personally - be at the Pyramid every night. 

Considering DM might be done after this album and touring cycle it seems fitting they finally do it. Just hoping the setlist in a few weeks has a couple of diff songs they havent done in a while cause it wont change at all this year if youre going to a gig. The good thing about next year is that theyll cut out more new material and its pretty much a greatest hits when it comes to festival sets which they did a bunch of in 2018. 

I'm hedging my bet on Sam Fender if they go for Taylor / Madonna

not so much if its dua / taylor as dua has a pretty small back catalogue similar to sam fender.

I'm not the biggest Sam Fender fan but its definitely his time to do it if he can keep it up till 2024 with some good singles

3 hours ago, gfa said:

not so much if its dua / taylor as dua has a pretty small back catalogue similar to sam fender.

I'm not the biggest Sam Fender fan but its definitely his time to do it if he can keep it up till 2024 with some good singles

Disagree. Dua could do it this year without releasing a note of new music, whereas S. Fender sinks or swims depending on how his next album fares.

On 3/4/2023 at 9:26 AM, gfa said:

I'm hedging my bet on Sam Fender if they go for Taylor / Madonna

I really like Fender but I think it hinges on album 3 for him. Anyway decent and he’ll ascend but he could still get stuck as a big sub/Transmit level headliner, even with how monumental last years set was.

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

I really like Fender but I think it hinges on album 3 for him. Anyway decent and he’ll ascend but he could still get stuck as a big sub/Transmit level headliner, even with how monumental last years set was.

he's doing reading's main stage headline slot alongside Billie / Killers. With a semi decent album 3 with at least 1-2 big hitters he is there.

11 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Taylor, Dua and Harry ..... come on Harry has to headline at some point 

So Harry needs to keep touring for another year now? Let him take a damn break.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given the success of both her 2019 slot and Flowers could Miley now be approaching this sort of ballpark?

If Emily wants to be the apparent leader of booking female headliners then she'll have to roll the dice. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given the success of both her 2019 slot and Flowers could Miley now be approaching this sort of ballpark?

I doubt it. Flowers is a weird one because I don’t even think it’s that good of a song and I’m guessing TikTok has got something to do with it, but I’d be surprised if the massive success/popularity of that song translates to the rest of the album or makes her a significantly bigger act in the long run. Who knows what the future holds, but I highly doubt we’ll see her topping Glastonbury any time soon. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

nice profile picture. might join you on that.

I don't think so re miley, she gets big us slots but not really in the uk and mainland europe. would be a good other headliner i think

On 3/4/2023 at 8:59 AM, Suprefan said:

Considering DM might be done after this album and touring cycle it seems fitting they finally do it.

if they're quitting they'll probably be most interested in coining it, which isn't glasto.

It can not be Dua Lipa has the article in the Guardian says both would be first timers

"The article notes that Eavis is aiming to secure two female bill-toppers for next year’s event. Both acts would be Glastonbury first-timers, and one has been booked already. As well as Swift, it’s rumoured that Rihanna and Madonna could be scheduled to make their Worthy Farm debuts."

11 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

It can not be Dua Lipa has the article in the Guardian says both would be first timers

"The article notes that Eavis is aiming to secure two female bill-toppers for next year’s event. Both acts would be Glastonbury first-timers, and one has been booked already. As well as Swift, it’s rumoured that Rihanna and Madonna could be scheduled to make their Worthy Farm debuts."

Could be interpreted as first timer headliners, or simply that Dua’s early doors John Peel set from years ago was somewhat forgotten about. I wouldn’t at all count her out of this conversation - it makes total sense that she’d be booked to headline with a new album and after not being rebooked for ‘22.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Could be interpreted as first timer headliners, or simply that Dua’s early doors John Peel set from years ago was somewhat forgotten about. I wouldn’t at all count her out of this conversation - it makes total sense that she’d be booked to headline with a new album and after not being rebooked for ‘22.

It's so obviously her that even if the article said 'One of them is not Dua Lipa' I would still assume its her.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm Maybe though  she has played the festical 3 times -  I feel like first timer suggest that someone who has not played at all, If it was once I feel it could have slipped her mind