2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, incident said:

Everything, so far, is a combination of circumstantial evidence and guesswork. Some of it being stronger than others - Dua Lipa being the clear favourite at this point, probably Coldplay and Madonna.

Don't think any of those can be considered 100% though. I'd say Dua about 80%, Coldplay and Madonna each somewhere around 50%.

Truth is - if anyone was all but nailed on, then no bookies would be offering odds on them for long - as we've seen in the past.

If any of the listed acts disqo pear it's cos monveley has beenpioed on by people sure of their info.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

Madonna in her prime would have been hugely impressive. Miming Madge much less so.

I don’t believe she’s miming anymore now than she ever has. If anything less so. The issue, if there is one, is with the backing band (or lack of). The videos I’ve seen she’s singing. 

If they book Madonna it’s a massive massive booking. End of. She’s the biggest female artist/ icon to ever exist. Let’s get excited and be happy for the festival. 

Oh and it’s Dua Lips, Coldplay, Madonna. (No I have no idea) 

Edited by danbailey80

If Madonna had a festival production team for 2024, then certainly it has moved to 2025. I don't think she can do festival shows without hiring a dedicated team to produce this version of her show, and I don't really understand how that could still happen in 2024. Same as for all the other superstars that are not mixing arena and festival shows. She literally has only one festival show in her entire setlist.fm history, Coachella 2006, and that was a 30 min set.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Ah I see. 

Dua and Madge it is then.

Plus a band of some description. 

If they add Coldplay to that too, they've got some coup there. As a 3, I only think booking Blur over Dua Lipa could potentially make that the most solid 3 they might have ever booked. I'm not expecting that at all though.

While I don't think Dua Lipa is as big as people make out, those 3 are undoubtedly a huge get.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

If they add Coldplay to that too, they've got some coup there. As a 3, I only think booking Blur over Dua Lipa could potentially make that the most solid 3 they might have ever booked. I'm not expecting that at all though.

While I don't think Dua Lipa is as big as people make out, those 3 are undoubtedly a huge get.

Neil/Bruce/Blur would like a word.

• Upvote 1

I was the Madge show last night and it was phenomenal, as a production it was truly brilliant. How that would be stripped back to fit in the Pyramid I have absolutely no idea, but if they could get her it would be something else.

Madge is now the last “white whale” for the Eavii now that Fleetwood Mac have packed it all in. Easily the biggest living artist who’s still performing who hasn’t done it yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I was the Madge show last night and it was phenomenal, as a production it was truly brilliant. How that would be stripped back to fit in the Pyramid I have absolutely no idea, but if they could get her it would be something else.

Madge is now the last “white whale” for the Eavii now that Fleetwood Mac have packed it all in. Easily the biggest living artist who’s still performing who hasn’t done it yet.

How did it sound and was it a big deal that there was no live band?

I’d be well up for Madonna, I don’t care if she’s miming. If she plays a set list like that the whole field would be bouncing. I’m never likely to pay her ticket prices so a Glastonbury show is the only realistic chance I’d get to see her, that’s probably the same for a lot of people. Hope she gets booked. 
Unless I don’t get a ticket, then I’ll hope it’s Coldplay. 

6 hours ago, incident said:

Just a reminder that we've been here before, in terms of Emily liking or following Madonna content on social media. It happened several years ago, sparking speculation, with no credible suggestion that she was ever seriously in the frame.

Think we'll need to wait for the next set of dates to be announced before we really know the chances. Personally I think the difference in production needed means that we're probably looking for a slightly bigger gap (especially before the festival) than usual - something like what Elton did, taking a day or two off to rejig the show.

I get what you mean about Emily liking a gig possibly being nothing, just this close to ticket time and her not posting much normally despite probably going to loads of gigs could be a 'ray of light'.

7 hours ago, nikkic said:

Ah I see. 

Dua and Madge it is then.

Plus a band of some description. 

I thought Dua can’t be one of the headliners because Emily said in the Guardian article for this year’s lineup that the two female headliners would be Glastonbury first-timers but Dua has already played in 2017. IMG_4998.jpeg.c7391eff23b0793bdeed4823cefa4549.jpeghttps://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

18 minutes ago, Glastozone said:

I thought Dua can’t be one of the headliners because Emily said in the Guardian article for this year’s lineup that the two female headliners would be Glastonbury first-timers but Dua has already played in 2017. IMG_4998.jpeg.c7391eff23b0793bdeed4823cefa4549.jpeghttps://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

That might mean first timers at headlining.

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Neil/Bruce/Blur would like a word.

I don't mind some Springsteen but I'm not bothered by Neil but I get it. 2009 headliner wise was a year I wasn't bothered to miss, the biggest issue was Blur/Prodigy 

1 hour ago, Glastozone said:

I think the wording is loosely first time headliners. Say less more speculation.

11 hours ago, Suprefan said:

How did it sound and was it a big deal that there was no live band?

Sounded great, yeah a lot of the backing stuff was prerecorded but there was still live elements in places - couple of guitarists and a piano. To be honest far too much was made of the “no live band” thing, she’s a pop singer, you wouldn’t go to a Foo Fighters gig and complain about the lack of choreography.

I never expected much in the way of a band, they’d take up too much space. What I did expect was a show - elaborate staging, choreography, costumes, massive props, etc… and she certainly delivered on that front.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

I think Madonna would be brilliant on the Pyramid. I wouldn’t necessarily pay to go and see her, but there’s no doubting she’s a huge star with a massive back catalogue of hits, and ticks the box of being on a current greatest hits tour. It would go down well, and as ever plenty of other stuff on for those who disagree. I hope it happens 🤞

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

you wouldn’t go to a Foo Fighters gig and complain about the lack of choreography.

Exactly this! She does what she does, and does it well. She’s got to be one of the biggest stars who hasn’t yet played and is in the later stages of her career (many more years ahead for the likes of Taylor Swift to play)