2024 Headliners

9 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I reckon that’s just a relatively complex one. Doesn’t normally do fests, very big name, other gigs in play etc. Last thing GFL needs is any ‘we told you not to announce it yet!’ complications.

Yes.

If it's genuinely true that Madonna only seriously came into the conversation approx 2 weeks ago, then it'd be surprising if that contract was done and dusted this soon.

8 hours ago, sisco said:

I’m sure they have been mentioned as have most other acts.  It’s not a comp, was making a comment based on what was said about how fast news spreads

how fast bullshit spreads.

22 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Prince the sequel incoming. 

I reckon a fear of that drove Emily to make her statement yesterday

22 hours ago, incident said:

Yes.

If it's genuinely true that Madonna only seriously came into the conversation approx 2 weeks ago, then it'd be surprising if that contract was done and dusted this soon.

I’ve personally taken Emily’s statement as more of a ‘this is not confirmed but is close’ rather than ‘there is absolutely no chance of this happening.’

Reckon we can rule Madonna. Emily isn't gonna tweet that unless one or more of the headliners are wrong. If it was contractual they could have said nothing or a we don't comment on speculation statement.

So Madonna out replaced by big American act = Pink. (Rihanna being Barbadian and not American.)

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Reckon we can rule Madonna. Emily isn't gonna tweet that unless one or more of the headliners are wrong. If it was contractual they could have said nothing or a we don't comment on speculation statement.

So Madonna out replaced by big American act = Pink. (Rihanna being Barbadian and not American.)

Think it’s more a case that we can’t rule Madonna in yet. 

17 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Then why do the tweet?

Because if Madonna hasn't signed the dotted line yet then it isn't true and could dissuade her from actually going ahead with it if she thinks they've prematurely leaked her interest or something.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

33 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Because if Madonna hasn't signed the dotted line yet then it isn't true and could dissuade her from actually going ahead with it if she thinks they've prematurely leaked her interest or something.

Or if one or more of the headliners reported is wrong (I think that's maybe more likely).