2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Im not surprised - it's technically very demanding to keep rapping whilst waving around a chainsaw and getting your bum out.

He hasn’t done anything cool like that for decades. He just wears that silly style cap (which I see nobody else wearing, ever) with his hood up. 

10 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

t's a clunky way of me saying if an act is big enough and a popular enough that they can headline a festival then I don't think the content of their songs is going to stop it happening.

then you're thinking wrong. it stopped m&m getting booked.

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I’ve seen him twice, he was fantastic both times. 

i saw him first time at reading. didn't feel like he smashed it, the d-12 bits stopped it from getting going properly.

14 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I though Jarvis Cocker was the original bum, and the best?

no one wearing a velveteen jacket is a bum.

(no one who has taken my photo is a bum 😛 ).

Edited by Neil

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You didn't celebrate your 21st birthday?

Not sure the logic that makes 21 a notable birthday applies here. It's just not an anniversary year is it? I can accept 5th, 10th, 20th, 25th etc as major milestone anniversaries but 21 is just another year. If bands put out a 21st anniversary rerelease of a record immediately after a 20th anniversary rerelease it would be ridiculous.

Just now, mouserat said:

Not sure the logic that makes 21 a notable birthday applies here. It's just not an anniversary year is it? I can accept 5th, 10th, 20th, 25th etc as major milestone anniversaries but 21 is just another year. If bands put out a 21st anniversary rerelease of a record immediately after a 20th anniversary rerelease it would be ridiculous.

They were going to do something for the 20th anniversary, then 1 of them died.

Just now, Simsy said:

They were going to do something for the 20th anniversary, then 1 of them died.

Ah fair enough. Claiming random anniversaries will remain a hill I'll die on but I can make an allowance for this one. 

Moving back on topic, if they were at Glastonbury where would they fit? I'm assuming the Avalon slot of Sugababes and Mel C would be too small but headlining the Pyramid also feels insane.

Maybe the Rick Astley 'open the day' slot?

5 minutes ago, mouserat said:

It’s a big thing for Yanks with the drinking age thing. Not relevant here though.