2024 Headliners

7 hours ago, stuie said:

All the smart locals were at Justice. 

Correct. A Scouse/Local love in

7 hours ago, Wooderson said:

The volume/sound quality of the WH stage that night. Was it atmospherics? Not sure i've ever experienced that stage sound as good.

Incredible. In terms of sound, up there with Blur '09 and Cure '19

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Was the Killers.....

whose dates have a huge GSH in their tour schedule....

JUNE
Friday 14 – June DUBLIN, 3Arena
Saturday 15 – DUBLIN, 3Arena 
Tuesday 18 – MANCHESTER, Co-Op Live
Wednesday 19 – MANCHESTER, Co-Op Live
Friday 21 – MANCHESTER, Co-Op Live
Tuesday 25 – GLASGOW, Ovo Hydro
Wednesday 26 – GLASGOW, Ovo Hydro
JULY
Thursday 4 – July LONDON, The O2
Friday 5 – LONDON, The O2
Sunday 7 – LONDON, The O2

Edited by Nestacres

3 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

JUNE
JULY

20 years since the played the New Bands Tent.

4 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

JUNE
JULY

I think because they played in 19 & 18 it would be unlikely that they would be back. Headlining in '19 is really only 2 festival gap which doesn't seem long enough.

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think because they played in 19 & 18 it would be unlikely that they would be back. Headlining in '19 is really only 2 festival gap which doesn't seem long enough.

Brandon showed up this year with Elton as well...

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I agree, but the general consensus on this forum is usually that if someone has a GSH, they literally must be playing in some form! ; )

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Is it just me that likes a sh*t Pyramid headliner? Frees you up to do something else.

When I saw the posts on the previous page about E* S*****n I was trying to remember what I saw that Sunday night... Biffy, a bit of London Grammar, spent some time at Arcadia, then caught the end of Hackney Colliery Band, some of Kangaroo Moon's set in Avalon Cafe, and finished up in the Lizzard cafe in Green Futures. Was a good one. 

As for The Killers, wouldn't be surprised if they show up in a similar place to Foos this year. That or maybe opening one of the stages.

32 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

I agree, but the general consensus on this forum is usually that if someone has a GSH, they literally must be playing in some form! ; )

I'd suggest that once they've announced their plans for the rest of Europe, that hole probably won't be there anymore. Those dates are partial at best.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd suggest that once they've announced their plans for the rest of Europe, that hole probably won't be there anymore. Those dates are partial at best.

Maybe, but why would they do most of UK, go to Europe then back to London? If anything, the gap would be for additonal UK dates if they sell out quickly.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Killers doing a churnups? Brandon might just say if it’s good enough for that Grohl guy then it’s good enough for me. 

Would border on overkill for them given 2017, 2019, his appearance this year and now this, but also if they’ve asked the festival if they can do a Churnups then no way are the festival gonna say no.

Do artists not simply have a GSH because they know a sizeable chunk of their potential audience are likely to be otherwise occupied that weekend? Seems a sensible time to insert a break into the touring schedule…also a good time to nip across to Dublin. Seeing Pulp, DM, Blur, Richard Hawley, Self Esteem and Young Fathers cushioned the blow of missing out last year…swings & roundabouts though, this year LCDSS playing 10 minutes from my house but I’ll be in a field with you lot! 

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Do artists not simply have a GSH because they know a sizeable chunk of their potential audience are likely to be otherwise occupied that weekend? Seems a sensible time to insert a break into the touring schedule…also a good time to nip across to Dublin. Seeing Pulp, DM, Blur, Richard Hawley, Self Esteem and Young Fathers cushioned the blow of missing out last year…swings & roundabouts though, this year LCDSS playing 10 minutes from my house but I’ll be in a field with you lot! 

Yes that makes a lot of sense.

Play a show in Amsterdam or wherever that weekend as less of your audience is off at (or pining after) Glastonbury.

Is the list of 'friends of the festival' who could turn up for a secret set and/or headline becoming unmanageably long? 

Off the top of my head you've got: Coldplay, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Pulp, Blur, The Killers (and probably some I'm forgetting)

If the Eavises keep making friends and having artists fall in love with Glastonbury, the competition for a secret slot will be almost as fierce as the scrap for tickets.