2024 Headliners

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Bumped into our CFO there who was in full "bear mode", which was pretty funny.

Brilliant!  How do you 'un-see' that for future board meetings? 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

U2 was the most miserable I've ever been at Glastonbury.

Just stood watching my pint slowly filling up with rain water....

I was right up at the back at the top of the hill. It's difficult to enjoy anything with rain blowing horizontally into your face the entire time.

Just now, Cheesey said:

I was right up at the back at the top of the hill. It's difficult to enjoy anything with rain blowing horizontally into your face the entire time.

It’s my fear every year at the festival, especially for the huge headliners we’ve all been looking forward to. Even an act absolutely nailing it on stage is gonna struggle when the crowd is getting absolutely drenched in front of them. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

U2 was the most miserable I've ever been at Glastonbury.

Just stood watching my pint slowly filling up with rain water....

It's not exactly the most happening of vibes tbf.

I was seeing The Killers at Hyde Park that same evening. One of the support acts went "Be grateful you're not at Glastonbury as it's raining heavily", which jinxed it hard as during The Killers' set, it pissed it down. Stumbling around looking for a tube stop after in heavy rain and taking all the wrong turns was quite the experience.

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Yeah, had the same experience with One at the o2 show I saw (30 Oct), in fact, the whole encore was pretty anti-climactic (City Of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day and One). At Amsterdam, in 2017, One was the queue to start making my way back through the crowd to the top of the steps out, glad I waited as they finished on I Will Follow.  

Moment Of Surrender at Glasto could have been good, it worked well after Ultraviolet and With Or Without You during 360. I wonder if they skipped something that was planned? They clearly realised they had more time than was expected, hence Out Of Control, which was cool but nobody knew it. 

There's certainly a sense that just because something works well at your own show doesn't necessarily mean it'll translate to a festival crowd, and I'd say that was one of them. It's a nice song, but it's dubious if the festival environment is where it succeeds.

1 minute ago, Glasto96 said:

If they announce anyone before the poster, it has got to be Dua Lipa.

Don’t think Emily Eavis can like anymore of her instagram posts without making it so obvious 🤷🏼‍♂️

Dua Lipa is a reasonable booking

Now let's see if they can stay away from booking "old duffers"

2 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

If they announce anyone before the poster, it has got to be Dua Lipa.

Don’t think Emily Eavis can like anymore of her instagram posts without making it so obvious 🤷🏼‍♂️

or Coldplay in my opinion .... madonna held back for BST announcement and /or until a portion of those tickets have sold 

Coldplay are potentially the only ones without UK dates to sell next summer - if Madge is playing then you'd expect a BST show or similar to accompany, likewise Dua is popping up at Euro festivals and you'd think she'll have something lined up over here too.

That said Coldplay are such an uninspiring booking I could easily them apologetically shuffled out on the poster.