2024 Headliners

11 hours ago, homesick said:

Harry Styles, Dave, Dua Lipa

Absolutely no chance it will be Foo Fighters so soon after their last headline slot. 

If the rumours are to be believed they were on the table for 2023… so the festival doesn’t see it that way. I think they’d see it as honour to Taylor Hawkins to have them play again.

Regardless what we think, getting the Foos on their first year back on the road as a new band would be a big deal and have a lot of appeal. It looks like their plan is to hit the festivals for this first outing, so I imagine if both parties are keen it’s a no brainer.

Dave also agreed to headline the 2021 mini festival. I think it’s a relationship Glasto HQ wants to keep very warm.

Dave also flew over specifically to guest during Macca’s set. (Glasto is clearly Dave’s favourite festival in the UK now).

I believe the info because it looks like Emily & Co are in loop with the FF camp.

Edited by Matt42

Foos is another one where I can absolutely see it happening but it would also just be a bit pointless and worse in every way than 2017. There's no drummer who is going to be better than Taylor was, and they've not released anything really memorable for years so it would be a complete rehash.

It'll happen though and Grohl is such a nice guy that you don't really begrudge it, especially if it means the other two headliners could be more of a gamble or a step up for someone like (other) Dave.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

At this point in time I'm genuinely lost about who's suggesting Peter Kay as a wind up and the people who're doing it in earnest.

He'd surely do the legends slot anyway, can't see him headlining.

Just watched this and think it would be ace for Glastonbury to get this. He is the best at what he does there is no doubt. With a full appreciation ending.

Give us Dua Lipa, Blur and Eminem. I have a feeling Taylor is going to follow the money until the next album. The fact there is no UK dates next year at all yet, I reckon she is going to lay it on thick in 2024 for the UK and will probably get told my her people with so many dates Glastonbury is off.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:30 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

At this point in time I'm genuinely lost about who's suggesting Peter Kay as a wind up and the people who're doing it in earnest.

How big is Glasto's comedy tent? I know that he's obviously doing arena after arena after arena and this didn't necessarily look that size (certainly if it's anything like Reading's, which absolutely was not that size when I went in 2017).

16 minutes ago, charlierc said:

How big is Glasto's comedy tent? I know that he's obviously doing arena after arena after arena and this didn't necessarily look that size (certainly if it's anything like Reading's, which absolutely was not that size when I went in 2017).

Not a chance.

JP would be a pretty similar size to an Arena though and far more suited - cannot see it at all just toying with the idea. only realistic option crowd wise

Feeling more and more confident in the Foos yanno. RHCP back at RW as a repeat (they played in 2022), to cover for an act who cancelled.

Ken’s info was that the Foos were on the table but decided not to tour. All looks v likely.

I honestly think we have our first name for 2024.

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Feeling more and more confident in the Foos yanno. RHCP back at RW as a repeat (they played in 2022), to cover for an act who cancelled.

Ken’s info was that the Foos were on the table but decided not to tour. All looks v likely.

From what? We have literally nothing. They've said nothing since the tribute shows. We don't even know if they will be touring again. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

But just because they're active doesn't mean they'll be booked. Not sure why the band or festival need to run back to play it, it doesn't really do anything for either of them. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

The first paragraph is irrelevant, normal festivals don’t have as much repeat business and just need to book acts to sell tickets, they won’t care how recently the act played.

Glastonbury don’t need the Foos back so soon.

38 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

But just because they're active doesn't mean they'll be booked. Not sure why the band or festival need to run back to play it, it doesn't really do anything for either of them. 

This. Why would they book a band who played a few festivals ago when there is a significant backlog of potential headliners due to the pandemic?

Not to mention it seems very likely that this year’s headliners will be three white men/male bands, meaning there will only be 2 slots maximum next year available for them…possibly one

Just because Foo Fighters are potentially back touring, it’s a huge leap to assume that means they’ll headline Glastonbury, they’ve not released anything of particular significance/acclaim since 2017

Their headline set was great fun and Dave Grohl is clearly one of the nicest blokes around but it makes no logical sense on any level.