2024 Headliners

If it’s an all male trio 2023.... and current guesswork suggests it might be, AND there’s an opportunity to go all female 2024, I think they might do so, so on the basis, I’m going

Flo

Dua

Swift

(I personally don’t think Dua is headline material, but have bowed to thread consensus. If available and within budget, I think we see Rihanna or Beyoncé instead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Predicting Simz to sub

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

If it’s an all male trio 2023.... and current guesswork suggests it might be, AND there’s an opportunity to go all female 2024, I think they might do so, so on the basis, I’m going

Flo

Dua

Swift

(I personally don’t think Dua is headline material, but have bowed to thread consensus. If available and within budget, I think we see Rihanna or Beyoncé instead.

Simz to be added to potential headliner list?  Album released today seems to be going down well, previous albums being Mercury winning and nominated.  There have been headliners who've done a lot less than that, but I've no idea what she's like live / what else she'd need to do to get to that level?

14 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Simz to be added to potential headliner list?  Album released today seems to be going down well, previous albums being Mercury winning and nominated.  There have been headliners who've done a lot less than that, but I've no idea what she's like live / what else she'd need to do to get to that level?

She's got nothing even approaching a hit or recognisable radio song, so until that happens she's probably not going further than sub (though she'd be a great warmup to eg Dave).

She's great but massively over-gassed on here in terms of what the public actually know of her.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

She's got nothing even approaching a hit or recognisable radio song, so until that happens she's probably not going further than sub (though she'd be a great warmup to eg Dave).

She's great but massively over-gassed on here in terms of what the public actually know of her.

Maybe over-gassed by the music industry in general, I can see that.  Doesn't seem to be considered for anything that high profile at other festivals either.  Is Kendrick Lamar particularly radio friendly?  Even with lots of lists rating him as album of the year, and he's actually headlined Glastonbury, I'm still pretty ignorant with regards to his music.  Presumably I'm listening to the wrong radio stations 🙂  Looking at album sales "The album [Sometimes I Might Be Introvert] debuted at number four on the UK Albums Chart, becoming her highest charting album and first top forty. The album was the biggest selling album in independent record shops the week of its release" - which sounds pretty weak and answers my own question.  Without looking I assume Kendrick is shifting astronomical numbers in comparison to that...

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Maybe over-gassed by the music industry in general, I can see that.  Doesn't seem to be considered for anything that high profile at other festivals either.  Is Kendrick Lamar particularly radio friendly?  Even with lots of lists rating him as album of the year, and he's actually headlined Glastonbury, I'm still pretty ignorant with regards to his music.  Presumably I'm listening to the wrong radio stations 🙂  Looking at album sales "The album [Sometimes I Might Be Introvert] debuted at number four on the UK Albums Chart, becoming her highest charting album and first top forty. The album was the biggest selling album in independent record shops the week of its release" - which sounds pretty weak and answers my own question.  Without looking I assume Kendrick is shifting astronomical numbers in comparison to that...

Kendrick has shifted like 400k first week sales in the past (although that's probably more US), headlined Coachella, featured on songs with Taylor Swift, Drake, Beyonce etc, did a Marvel movie soundtrack and more. His most recent album wasn't massive but was still way bigger than Simz. Simz defo needs a couple of UK number one's before being considered. Dave is ahead of her in terms of rap acts I'd say. She's got a great live show, incredible albums but just needs more hits

Don't think Simz will sub in 2024. I hope not anyway, don't think that slot would suit her at all. If she's deemed that size in 2024 then I hope she'd headline the Other instead. I reckon it's more likely she'll play like 3rd/4th Pyramid anyway. Similar kinda trajectory as Wolf Alice this year.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't think Simz will sub in 2024. I hope not anyway, don't think that slot would suit her at all. If she's deemed that size in 2024 then I hope she'd headline the Other instead. I reckon it's more likely she'll play like 3rd/4th Pyramid anyway. Similar kinda trajectory as Wolf Alice this year.

Wolf Alice trajectory sounds about right - pushed to shit by glastonbury + music industry but lacking the big hits

39 minutes ago, gfa said:

Wolf Alice trajectory sounds about right - pushed to shit by glastonbury + music industry but lacking the big hits

I like some of their stuff but it feels like Wolf Alice have been pushed as an up and coming band/future headliners for about 10 years now.

Edited by addicted2noise

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

I like some of their stuff but it feels like Wolf Alice have been pushed as an up and coming band/future headliners for about 10 years now.

I'll still reserve the right to be jealous of my mates who saw them at a small venue in Milton Keynes back in 2014.

But yeah I wonder if they've peaked at the level of headlining small festivals like Truck (where I saw them in 2019) and being top 3 for the bigger events at best.

11 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Flo

Dua

Swift

Surely they wouldn't do three pop acts as headliners. Reads like a capital fm party in the park line up 🙂

It'd be inundated with instagram influencer NPCs the year after haha

2 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Surely they wouldn't do three pop acts as headliners. Reads like a capital fm party in the park line up 🙂

It'd be inundated with instagram influencer NPCs the year after haha

This is the whole issue with Glasto going all female if it isnt ''done right''. Regular punters will think its like Big Weekend or something. And how is the demographic going to change that quickly if everyone has a ticket before they announce the headliners?  And what influencers go to Glastonbury? I dont see the Kardashians hanging out at the Pyramid. 

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

This is the whole issue with Glasto going all female if it isnt ''done right''. Regular punters will think its like Big Weekend or something. And how is the demographic going to change that quickly if everyone has a ticket before they announce the headliners?  And what influencers go to Glastonbury? I dont see the Kardashians hanging out at the Pyramid. 

Pretty much anyone who's anyone in the UK at least is there most years, admittedly not the Kardashians. So we'll just have to gaze longingly at Coachella over that one. 

11 hours ago, gfa said:

Yep.

I love her, SIMBI was my fave album the year it came out, but she's not headlining or even subbing Glastonbury.

12 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

I love Wolf Alice and must have seen them a dozen times, but never once have I had the feeling I'm watching a future Glastonbury headliner,