Group Politics

shuttlep

for those of us with big groups of Friends , with a spread sheet and many groups. Group  politics always makes me laugh. 

who is in which group,

there is always one group that gets tickets more than others.  can I be in that group

why is Dave in my group . he doesn't even try ?

who's Amy ?

why am I not with Sean?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

for those of us with big groups of Friends , with a spread sheet and many groups. Group  politics always makes me laugh. 

who is in which group,

there is always one group that gets tickets more than others.  can I be in that group

why is Dave in my group . he doesn't even try ?

who's Amy ?

why am I not with Sean?

We've got 15 of us, we have a few +1s so stuck them with their mate and then tried to keep friend together! people seem happy from what i can tell !

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ha ha @DareToDibble

we have a set group of 6 and have done for quite a few years now .... thank god 

As a group we spent a good hour yesterday looking at the different options as there are 10 of us trying for coach. Swayedback and forth loads of times between doing a 5/5 or a 6/4, but with 2 "floaters" that will be in both, so essentially a 6/6. We are going for the latter option which is incredibly risky but we're all going to be on a WhatsApp call so someone can say immediately if they get through.

I did flag that if one of my friends (or the kind people of eFests who are all trying for each other) gets through then the delay in me finding out could cause issues, but it seems very unlikely that 2 of us are going to get through at the same time.

Ask me in just over 7 hours if we've made the right choice. Hoping for a cool 10/10, would take 6/10, will probably get 0/10 😄 

I am in the usual group as I am every year, one year though a friend wanted to come and didn't understand the system and just bought me and him tickets.

oh my god , I am still not forgiven. I didn't know and someone got through and then couldn't buy tickets as I already had one. ##I am never allowed to forget this.

every year the warning goes out on the watsapp group not to do this. .... I know this is aimed at me 

16 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I am in the usual group as I am every year, one year though a friend wanted to come and didn't understand the system and just bought me and him tickets.

oh my god , I am still not forgiven. I didn't know and someone got through and then couldn't buy tickets as I already had one. ##I am never allowed to forget this.

every year the warning goes out on the watsapp group not to do this. .... I know this is aimed at me 

i'd be fuming - did the others get theirs in the end ??

I'm running our spreadsheet and it's a beast with loads of extra groups (friends of friends) added the last day or two. So much last minute faffing about and swapping between groups with a couple of poor (dedicated) solo travellers being shifted around I keep having to find a group space for - drives me mad. People have had SO FRIGGING LONG to sort this out. I sent the link weeks ago. Johnny come latelys, get in the sea!

13 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

I'm running our spreadsheet and it's a beast with loads of extra groups (friends of friends) added the last day or two. So much last minute faffing about and swapping between groups with a couple of poor (dedicated) solo travellers being shifted around I keep having to find a group space for - drives me mad. People have had SO FRIGGING LONG to sort this out. I sent the link weeks ago. Johnny come latelys, get in the sea!

This is why it's good to have deadlines.

Not to say people can't be added after, but they'll be placed wherever there's space, rather than paired up the way they want.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Not to say people can't be added after, but they'll be placed wherever there's space, rather than paired up the way they want.

absolutely this ... lock it down at least a week out from sale . helpers can then be sorted 

9 minutes ago, incident said:

People changing their minds / joining late is such a pain but its very hard to say no to people you've known for years when realistically it will only take 5-10 mins to sort

Pain though, yes

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

People changing their minds / joining late is such a pain but its very hard to say no to people you've known for years when realistically it will only take 5-10 mins to sort

Pain though, yes

Not saying no you can't come in.

Just saying no you're not going to rejig everything and annoy other people in order to accommodate your precise preferences.

Very easy to do.

One year my friend gave us her wrong postcode so had to remove her before it timed out, 5 of us got them. Idc how savage it was, I wasn't wasting time trying to ring her when the clock is ticking. 

When it wouldn't allow me to proceed saying details where wrong the panic and adrenaline was something else. 

Edited by Xeph1995

Just now, Xeph1995 said:

One year my friend gave us her wrong postcode so had to remove her before it timed out, 5 of us go through. Idc how savage it was, I wasn't wasting time trying to ring her when the clock is ticking. 

Oh totally fair - if they can't get the basic info right, gotta leave them behind

On 11/3/2022 at 11:16 AM, ilovelanegan said:

...the last day or two. So much last minute faffing about...drives me mad. People have had SO FRIGGING LONG to sort this out. I sent the link weeks ago. Johnny come latelys, get in the sea!

This. Bloody lamers.

Long story short:

Been going solo for years. Thought there would be four of us trying tomorrow. Over the last couple of days they have dropped out one by one and I'm on my todd. Again.

FUCKING MONTHS I have been onto them about this. I get two days notice.

I feel so disappointed and let down. Justifiably imo. I should be angry but don't want to get into such a negative mindspace. 

Nearly posted this in the Mental Health thread.

May I be the first to beg as my ticket buying army has been cut by 75%? Well I'm doing it anyway.

CT16 2PR

I'm good for the fifty quid and there's a a good bottle of spirits or the equivalent to anyone who bags me a ticket. Let's call it a £25 bonus.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by MrZigster
Angry typos. Hang on. Nope. Not doing angry
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

This. Bloody lamers.

Long story short:

Been going solo for years. Thought there would be four of us trying tomorrow. Over the last couple of days they have dropped out one by one and I'm on my todd. Again.

I feel so disappointed and let down. Justifiably imo. I should be angry but don't want to get into such a negative mindspace. 

May I be the first to beg as my ticket buying army has been cut by 75%? Well I'm doing it anyway.

CT16 2PR

I'm good for the fifty quid and there's a a good bottle of spirits or the equivalent to anyone who bags me a ticket. Let's call it a £25 bonus.

Good luck everyone.

I will vouch that @MrZigster is a long term and trustworthy forumer who I have met personally. He will not mess anyone around if they are successful in getting him a ticket. Wish I had space in my group for him! Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Last time I got a ticket, 2018 for 2019, my son set up 2 or 3 groups. 

Me, who was 64 then, was an outlier compared to my son and his 30-something friends. 

The group containing my son and I were successful. The other groups weren't 

Apparently one of the unsuccessful 30-somethings was mightely pissed off that I got one and he didn't. 

Ah diddums

😁

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I will vouch that @MrZigster is a long term and trustworthy forumer who I have met personally. He will not mess anyone around if they are successful in getting him a ticket. Wish I had space in my group for him! Good luck!

Thank you SC. So much. Really needed something like that right now given the last couple of days

Love and Peace and good luck to all.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrZigster said:

This. Bloody lamers.

Long story short:

CT16 2PR

Good luck everyone.

Yo, sorry to hear that, do you want to jump into a group, one of our groups has gone down to 2 people after similar let down shenanigans. I will try and sort in the morning, can you DM me. I've been going for 20 years, on efests since 2005 so all above board. I've got a ticket Thursday but can help out. let me know mate

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson

On 11/3/2022 at 11:16 AM, ilovelanegan said:

Weeks? Start of July I’ve been doing this shit since 🤦