Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Been looking at post history and he got the killers 2 months early (was it common knowledge in 2019?). Lots of TRNSMT info too for 2019

Liam Gallagher is definitely big enough love him or hate him, few artists could do 2 knebworth shows alongside a schedule of pretty excessive touring

And how many things has this poster gotten wrong over the years?

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I don't think Liam Gallagher headlines, but if he did, regardless of what many on these boards might think, it would be generally well-received and very busy on the night

No doubt.  He's clearly massively popular.  Fuck knows why, but he is.

Liam Gallagher is not a quality act. Shite live in terms of energy and vocal ability. Seen him multiple times and been disappointed every time. 
Considering he plays Oasis songs for 11/17 of his setlist shows no one actually really cares about his solo venture and it is more an excuse to keep touring and reliving past glory. 

Would be an incredibly underwhelming headliner

10 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Liam Gallagher is not a quality act. Shite live in terms of energy and vocal ability. Seen him multiple times and been disappointed every time. 
Considering he plays Oasis songs for 11/17 of his setlist shows no one actually really cares about his solo venture and it is more an excuse to keep touring and reliving past glory. 

Would be an incredibly underwhelming headliner

Absolutely superb at Knebworth earlier this year. Doesn't seem like a progressive Glasto booking mind but as others have said the field will be chocka block.

Don’t at all buy that Liam is gonna headline, but if he does end up doing it you’ve gotta think they’ve gone through a lot of other options to get there and must’ve had a big last minute dropout. 

Yeah he’s obviously big enough… but he’s still a weak booking for Glastonbury, especially after subbing in ‘19 and interest noticeably waning massively any time he played a non-Oasis song. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

AM, GNR, Liam, Roxy makes me think that things have gone horribly wrong and there’s probably been some very intense meetings in the office.

it really does look like cost of living glastonbury though

It looks like an IOW lineup 😅

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

AM, GNR, Liam, Roxy makes me think that things have gone horribly wrong and there’s probably been some very intense meetings in the office.

Define "gone horribly wrong", I mean it's not a particularly progressive trio by any means, but it is still three stadium sized acts that many people would be very happy with.

FWIW I don't for second think that would be the trio. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It comes to something when Roxy Music are the most exciting on the list doesn’t it? 

It does feel very much like they're scraping the barrel with having LG headline - especially if it's because of a drop out 8 months before the festival so you'd assume there'd be a decent list of acts to go through before settling with LG.

Maybe the CoL / inflation / weak pound is catching up to Glastonbury and is impacting American bookings.

Either that or the info is wrong.  

34 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I don't think Liam Gallagher headlines, but if he did, regardless of what many on these boards might think, it would be generally well-received and very busy on the night

The thing is the same could be said for anyone almost. If you put them on at headliner time. Nobody will ever headline to an empty Pyramid field.