Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

23 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Might have missed a reason why she can't play but wonder if Dua Lipa can headline one night and Elton the other and they combine for their song on one of the nights? I guess it would make most sense for him to come on during her set as he'll have a hard enough job fitting all his songs into his own set let alone adding collabs (even if that collab is already a cover of his song).

AM - Elton - Dua Lipa is a great set of headliners.

That would definitely be a nicer mix than some of the suggestions being touted. Something old and legendary, new and pop and something in between and more indie. 

51 minutes ago, jackslas said:

Madonna is apparently announcing a Greatest Hits tour this coming Monday. Still doubtful she will headline, but worth mentioning. 

Damn, that’s an actual dream (on paper, that is…) but I just think the tiny sum of money she’d receive from Glastonbury will always stand in the way of her doing it unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

Damn, that’s an actual dream (on paper, that is…) but I just think the tiny sum of money she’d receive from Glastonbury will always stand in the way of her doing it unfortunately. 

Maybe Emily Eavis can work some magic and tell her it's what all the cool women are doing these days. It has potential to be great or terrible and I reckon I would go along to see which. 

5 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Least headliners x subs are beginning to open up now and becoming more obvious. Gassed for Lizzo.

and my mate will be ecstatic if 1975 are there in some capacity 

I refuse to believe the 1975 are never accepting an announced slot below headliner (and they would be stupid to really)

19 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I'm currently leaning towards AM one night, one of Elton/Harry Styles/GnR/Blur another night and an out-of-the-box female headliner the other. I might be wrong but I just don't see us having three male headliners on a main stage again. Rihanna feels more likely

agreed, i think its AM, Elton, Rihanna

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can't see Madge not being a car crash.

I would still totally be there though.

Most likely yeah, though if it's true that it's a greatest hits tour, then that gives a bit more confidence than I would have previously had.

Not least because if she was to turn up and play recognisable arrangements of the tunes people actually want to hear, the crowd can cover for her vocal issues to a much greater degree.

Just now, incident said:

Most likely yeah, though if it's true that it's a greatest hits tour, then that gives a bit more confidence than I would have previously had.

Not least because if she was to turn up and play recognisable arrangements of the tunes people actually want to hear, the crowd can cover for her vocal issues to a much greater degree.

If she turned up and did a couple of hours of hits with no pissing about it would be an all timer. 

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can't see Madge not being a car crash.

I would still totally be there though.

Thought the perceived wisdom was that it doesn't matter for big name karaoke acts.

Personally I'd be more interested if she did interesting re-mixes.

Edited by Skip997

2 hours ago, 2loor2iller said:

I am no Madonna fan (I actually despise her) but I don't think the low fee would dissuade her.  More than anything she wants clout and to be relevant. I think she'd happily take less of a fee if it meant an opportunity to headline the most adored festival in the world 

21 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I am no Madonna fan (I actually despise her) but I don't think the low fee would dissuade her.  More than anything she wants clout and to be relevant. I think she'd happily take less of a fee if it meant an opportunity to headline the most adored festival in the world 

Out of upvotes but this is a carbon copy of my thoughts.  She's always sought fame/infamy above all else and can't possibly need the cash.  So why not?

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Madonna would be perfect....

For the "legends slot"

That was literally my first thought...

But she's not the first artist, touted as a headliner, that I've thought this about... Which begs the question, what separates the legends slot from the headliner slot?

Why was Macca not a legend? all you heard in the run up was people saying 'I have to be there, he's a legend!' Why is Elton being touted as a headliner and not a legend? He's certainly not at his peak anymore, in terms of live performances. 

I just don't understand what defines and separates the 2 different slots... Or is the legend slot literally just a way to add another headliner in without having an extra night? 

Edited by Alvoram