Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

7 hours ago, Glasto96 said:

Does eFestivals not update the rumours page? I still see just Arctic Monkeys, Elton John and Harry Styles as the rumoured potential headliners. Maybe that’s telling us something 🤔 

I wouldn't look too much into it. Current thinking is AM are locked on, other 2 pretty much could be any of like 10 artists

10 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Doesnt really need Holo nor Epic to put out an unreal live show. 

But thats what people want. Not just the music, the entire package. If youre a dj who has a reputation of creating an amazing production for your performance then you better damn well bring it. Very tough to pull off at Glasto. Tomorrowland prob spent a fortune to make sure it was done there this year. Glasto aint spending that kind of coin to get that done, esp with a sub par sound system to begin with.

Prob say the same for the Weeknd production wise since nobody has bothered to look at what he is doing for his stadium dates currently.

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But thats what people want. Not just the music, the entire package. If youre a dj who has a reputation of creating an amazing production for your performance then you better damn well bring it. Very tough to pull off at Glasto. Tomorrowland prob spent a fortune to make sure it was done there this year. Glasto aint spending that kind of coin to get that done, esp with a sub par sound system to begin with.

Prob say the same for the Weeknd production wise since nobody has bothered to look at what he is doing for his stadium dates currently.

True and it was fucking unreat at TML.

But saying that he's just as brilliant without all that jazz. Would be much better than Chemical Bros 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Somebody quick, do the deep dive before it's too late! 

Nothing's dropped for The Weeknd.

Some date's are beginning to leak

Belgium was just before this.

A promoter stated on Reddit The Weeknd was playing London Stadium, badly wanted Spurs

FiZ_nV9XkAAD6n7?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by TGCarr

On 11/25/2022 at 5:26 PM, Alvoram said:

Aphex Twin would probably attract a massive crowd to be fair... 😂

I guess I'll just never understand, why there's a slot called 'Legends' and yet it seems each year's true biggest performing legend never occupies it... I'm just too simple, and cannot compute. 🤷‍♂️🙈😂

99% of the time it isn't an issue. The number of actual "legendary" acts on par with Elton and Macca that are yet to be booked is tiny, and it's rare the festival actually manages to get such acts.

In the past decade I'd say it's only Macca and The Stones that headlined as "legends"

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

99% of the time it isn't an issue. The number of actual "legendary" acts on par with Elton and Macca that are yet to be booked is tiny, and it's rare the festival actually manages to get such acts.

In the past decade I'd say it's only Macca and The Stones that headlined as "legends"

As underwhelming as their show was you could make an argument for The Who being "legends".

29 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It was more in reference to why people generally weren't considering Elton John and Madonna for the 'Legends' slot and instead see them as possible headliners. 

But yeh, I get your point, and it's fair enough. 🙂 

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

A promoter stated on Reddit The Weeknd was playing London Stadium, badly wanted Spurs

According to someone on festileaks the Belgium date is changed. The info we had was july 4 Brussels but there is a new date...To be sure we need some official news fast......... 😂 more dates spotted in Europe anyone???

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

Why would they care to have spurs over london stadium? didn't think spurs really did gigs, its also smaller and way harder to get to + further out

Not doubting it - just wondering what the logic is behind that?

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Why would they care to have spurs over london stadium? didn't think spurs really did gigs, its also smaller and way harder to get to + further out

Not doubting it - just wondering what the logic is behind that?

More because it's brand new and looks bloody incredible. It did Gaga tour last year and a coupe others so does host concerts.

So with Abels Stadium shows at the moment they do look incredible, so wanted something new.

Can't stand Wembley Stadium, shite audio.

London Stadium - Never really been to.

Just now, adcarr_ said:

Just curious how come Frank Ocean isn’t mentioned as a potential headliner? He’s supposed to be active next year with a new album due anytime which will take him to another level of popularity 

Really poor track record with showing up at anything and seen as a bit of a liability. Wouldn’t stop them trying but I think he’s a massive risk as a headliner.