Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Could Dolly shift the same number of tickets Elton has in the last few years?

I doubt it.

I don't know, but I don't consider Elton to have the kind of 'Darling' status that Dolly enjoys in the US.

Can you imagine an Elton John theme park... Eltonwood, Eltonland, Eltonworld... They just don't have the same ring to them as Dollywood... 🙈😂

34 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I thought the Guns N Roses booking would be more about the 'Stranger Things' generation

And yet numerous poles / lists suggest Dolly is bigger than both Kylie and Elton 🤷‍♂️

It's a flawed argument that keeps being repeated. Dolly is huge, massively huge. 

What would your reaction have been if Dolly was announced as a Pyramid headliner instead?

Edited by Jose Pose

5 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Can you imagine an Elton John theme park... Eltonwood, Eltonland, Eltonworld... They just don't have the same ring to them as Dollywood... 🙈😂

I could

he has lots of wild west themed songs so you could build an entire wild west area

You could have a train that doesn't stop at a particular place

competitions for who can stand the longest

A rocket themed ride

a wizard of oz area

A ride similar to 'it's a small world' but instead it's called 'candle in the wind' and it's full of animatronic Princess Diana's. This will probably be the centre piece

you could hire lots of tiny dancers to walk around and entertain the guests 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I could

he has lots of wild west themed songs so you could build an entire wild west area

A rocket themed ride

a wizard of oz area

A ride similar to 'it's a small world' but instead it's called 'candle in the wind' and it's full of animatronic Princess Diana's. This will probably be the centre piece

wow that's some sort of dystopian nightmare right there

19 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I am super disappointed by this possible nailing on of GnR, they just feel like such a average choice. But I'm pleased for everyone that'll be going, plenty of other stages and all that. 

people have been happy to suggest the roxy booking was changed because they didn't fit, but also that its sacrilege to suggest the same with gnr. 😛  

2 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I think Roxy were a strange choice for legend slot but i hope they're elsewhere. Headlining west holts perhaps. 

gnr are a much stranger choice as a headliner.

16 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I could

A rocket themed ride

a wizard of oz area

We really need a proper announcement don’t we? 😉

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not apart from to people who've lost their mind.

You're saying stuff with the same level of certainty as when you (and only you) said Roxy were the legend. 

You are also doing that thing now where people only believe what they want to. 

• Thanks 1

0/2 nights at the Pyramid for me so far with the 2 heavily rumoured headliners. Don't think I've had a year where I didn't see at least 1 headliner there so fingers crossed for the 3rd.
If AM and GnR are the 2 then it surely rule out any other bands and likely males.

Can only really see Dua/Rihanna/Beyonce in that 3rd slot, Dua being most likely.

Edited by DareToDibble