Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, JA_Watts said:

Amazing way to announce and a very exciting announcement inbound.

I caught Elton at Hyde Park in the summer and it was a fantastic show. Personally, I've only really come to appreciate him in later years but am now fully on-board with the Elton hype train. What a way for him to finally bow out. 

Regarding QOTSA possibly being against them on Other, don't rule out them subbing Elton. Josh Homme and Elton are good mates after all and Homme sang Goodbye Yellow Brick Road tremendously at the Taylor Hawkins tribute earlier this summer. That would be a hell of a one-two to see out the Sunday. 

if the headliners are AM/GNR/Elton John then QOTSA will be subbing 

9 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

we truly don’t give a fuck, but love randomness. Me and my mates have laughed a lot at this announcement 

Our group WhatsApp had suggestions that it could alternatively be Bowie from beyond the grave or ET 😂

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I think so too, seem an ideal fit as a sub for one of the first two which is broadly what Glastonbury seem to try for these days.

Preferably GnR as I feel like a AM crowd would be largely uninterested in QOTSA (and, tbf, uninterested in a lot of what AM bring to the table these days also). 

7 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Just can’t help but love the British way of announcing things.

we truly don’t give a fuck, but love randomness. Me and my mates have laughed a lot at this announcement 

I enjoy the mix of announcements from getting a world famous rock band to come and play in a pub to slapping a poster in Oxfam’s window.