Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But none of those were colossal bookings. Good performances and relatively well attended, but not headline grabbers with ginormocrowds like Macca, Kylie, Diana Ross, Elton etc.

To who? These were huge bookings amongst my group. Acts don’t need ginormous crowds to be considered ticket shifters or staple bookings. Pretty sure Gaga got an alright crowd when she played, but it’s a set that has gone down in Glastonbury history since.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

See idk I think a lot of the younger attendees will be a bit meh about the headliners. I’m sure there will be contemporary acts across the full bill, but if you’re looking at headliners alone it really does cater to rock/soft rock fans/ an older demographic. After acts like Kendrick, Billie, Stormzy headlining etc I can imagine a few people feeling like they are without a headliner they want to see.

Good point that final sentence.

Our lot all did roughly 1 pyramid headliner each (I saw most of macca and the rest saw Kendrick), we're probably not going to see any of Elton John, GNR or AM (perhaps AM clash dependent although most of us have seen him before).

Its hard to get excited about headliners I find as i've basically ticked off everyone i'd like to see at this point - certainly most acts touring in 2023. 2019's trio i'd have loved.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

See idk I think a lot of the younger attendees will be a bit meh about the headliners. I’m sure there will be contemporary acts across the full bill, but if you’re looking at headliners alone it really does cater to rock/soft rock fans/ an older demographic. After acts like Kendrick, Billie, Stormzy headlining etc I can imagine a few people feeling like they are without a headliner they want to see.

That’s a fair point. I think I’m the same age as you and Elton has generated a lot more interest than Kendrick or Billie did but I agree plenty will be looking for more acts like that. As we’ve all said, it’s a weak year overall and it does feel like most festivals are lacking big acts of that ilk.

Might be bullshit but someone on Twitter is claiming Dua Lipa is headlining Coachella, announced within 48 hours and she has a new album out July 7th called Seven Wonders. It’s already on her Wikipedia page already, a fan being silly or some news incoming? 

Imagine if she has a new album out on July 7th and Glastonbury haven’t got her… 

24 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That’s a fair point. I think I’m the same age as you and Elton has generated a lot more interest than Kendrick or Billie did but I agree plenty will be looking for more acts like that. As we’ve all said, it’s a weak year overall and it does feel like most festivals are lacking big acts of that ilk.

As a 30 year old I don't purport to be an expert in what 'the younger generation' would be interested in going to watch but isn't Elton an artist that transcends generations?

Rocketman huge film out only a couple years ago, 2021 did two number 1 singles with Dua Lipa and Ed Sheeran, performed It's a sin with Years and Years at the Brit awards.

I could go on but hes hardly some crusty old artist only the mums and dads have heard of

Edited by JonSnow
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Might be bullshit but someone on Twitter is claiming Dua Lipa is headlining Coachella, announced within 48 hours and she has a new album out July 7th called Seven Wonders. It’s already on her Wikipedia page already, a fan being silly or some news incoming? 

Imagine if she has a new album out on July 7th and Glastonbury haven’t got her… 

Please Emily!!

3 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Heard a “could be” rumour that Foos are doing Saturday…….mildly credible source and off the back of their new year announcement. 

I’d also heard that but thought it too early so went with Pilton party !! 😂 I’d also heard Harry though so one is wrong 🙂 

4 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Heard a “could be” rumour that Foos are doing Saturday…….mildly credible source and off the back of their new year announcement. 

We did have a rumour going around a while back that they were looking at European festivals for the summer but decided not to go ahead and tour. This included PinkPop, Werchter and Glastonbury.

I think they’ve delayed the tour until 2024 and will headline Glasto next year. 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d also heard that but thought it too early so went with Pilton party !! 😂 I’d also heard Harry though so one is wrong 🙂 

See above - there have been a few separate sources now that said the Foos were looking at dates but didn’t go through with them. Bang on for 2024 I think!

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

See above - there have been a few separate sources now that said the Foos were looking at dates but didn’t go through with them. Bang on for 2024 I think!

Ah yeah fair 🙂  I’d have trusted this person more than the Harry bit tbh but timing seemed too early hence my PP punt as a bit of a smaller warm up 

Edited by Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We did have a rumour going around a while back that they were looking at European festivals for the summer but decided not to go ahead and tour. This included PinkPop, Werchter and Glastonbury.

I think they’ve delayed the tour until 2024 and will headline Glasto next year. 

Yeah this year seems a little too soon after Taylor’s passing imo so I’d be surprised if they’re doing anything that major so early on, but next year could well be on the cards. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this year seems a little too soon after Taylor’s passing imo so I’d be surprised if they’re doing anything that major so early on, but next year could well be on the cards. 

Ken19 heard they were looking at PinkPop and Rock Werchter but decided it was too early

Joey T also heard they were in the mix for Glasto.

and I saw another user share that they heard the Foos had a tour pencilled that didn’t happen. Think it was in a US forum about one of the American fests (might have been Boston calling or another that they cancelled). 

If it’s all being pushed back to 2024 I reckon they are a front runner to headline. Some may say it’s too soon but they are clearly dying to get back and I think 5+ years plus the debut of a new drummer would be enough to garner attention. I also think it’s a relationship Emily and co would want to keep warm, you never know when you need a band like Foo fighters to save the day.

2 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

The festival usually has the next year’s headliners visiting at least the year before. And we all know who brought on Dave G this summer 

📸 by yours truly 

4C405A7F-37FC-4222-BCC1-EB0AF0ADFF72.jpeg

Well yeah the rumour is that they were indeed looking at 2023 but this tour isn’t happening and will happen in 2024 instead.

Given Arctic Monkeys have long been seen as nailed on for this, they seem to be taking their time in declaring. I know it's fairly obvious given the gap in their huge-ass stadium run is there, but I honestly kinda thought it might be already announced.

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people in the field in front of El Pointo will be seeing them for a second time in 2023 given how many shows they're doing in May/June.

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

Interesting. I thought the NY announcement Foos would carry on was more of a hint of a studio album being prepared and as suggested above, 2024 touring commitments rather than necessarily being in the mix for 2023.

Unless ofc we get a different vibe of there being one-off shows, of which this would fit the bill. Certainly, the Saturday seems fairly open given GNR, Dua Lipa and a few others have also been floated in suggestion.