Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Is that a thing? Would have thought all traders bring all stock in at the beginning of the weekend, sourced from outside the fest.

There's an on site wholesale market that traders can resupply from. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Fred Again going up against GnR would sort me out completely. But 'big artist' could mean Elton. 

I'll keep saying this, if I can end my evenings with Prodigy/Fred Again and then Pulp > Elton, it would be an all time. 

Just praying we don’t get another Kendrick vs Bicep scenario. 

Mr and Mrs Eavis, if you’re reading this, don’t let Elton and Fred Again clash please. 

Ta.

1 hour ago, theouterlimits said:

Yeah it's obviously not a perfect metric in terms of establishing popularity, but what it is very good at is showing which established artists/songs are still popular now and have transcended the generations. 

Is it so good for artists though? 

As @gigpusher suggested earlier the most long established artists have phenomenal sales figures, but their streaming could be split over very large quantities of songs. 

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

As @gigpusher suggested earlier the most long established artists have phenomenal sales figures, but their streaming could be split over very large quantities of songs. 

Given the success of Get Back and the recent Let It Be and Revolver reissues I wouldn’t be shocked to see a new Beatles greatest hits/retrospective on the market in the next year or so. Last one was 1 and that was 20 years ago.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

In fact, hasn’t rough bloke under his old name called a few things right in the past too?

It was never about his track record. Neil normally DMs people who come in here when they say they know things. To see if the person is saying the truth, to see if they're aware of the source etc. Neil didn't like him because he predicted a band he doesn't like. Thats it, nothing else. The fact he went back to an old thread to find out that he predicted Madonna, to somehow prove he was lying, is more proof than anyone needs to know.

We have all 'predicted' trios of artists, ever year. Shouldn't take away from any of us if we believe to have a genuine source. Neil is just being a prick for the sake of not liking a band and went after anyone who dared to believe him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Yes, sure, it's definitely better at measuring the songs individually themselves, but it's not terrible on artists. For example Fleetwood Mac have generally better streaming stats than the Rolling Stones (both artists obviously have quite extensive catalogues), which to me feels correct as I'd say that FM are more popular than the Stones with the younger generations who tend to use streaming more in any case.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

that was from the same contact who had correctly given me the headliners for several years, including last year. i had every reason to believe them, just as you're now believing me saying gnr and am. 😛 

Despite the fact you’ve been saying it’s not gnr fora month and anyone who believed it is a nob. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

no, those have come from another long time contact, who has given me an endless load of correct stuff including about the blur wembley shows for this year.

i believed both of those contacts them because they have an excellent proven record of being right, which rough bloke doesn't have.

He does now!

Here's a crazy thought. Can we collectively let shit go and stop turning everything into a bin fire?

Collectively being the operative word there.

Hoped to get more involved again this year, positive spin and all that, but it's already becoming an absolute state.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Here's a crazy thought. Can we collectively let shit go and stop turning everything into a bin fire?

Hoped to get more involved again this year, positive spin and all that, but it's already becoming an absolute state.

Spot on! This thread is so dispiriting. 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

absolutely this ... this forum is full of absolutely amazing people .... hopefully we can get back to showing that !!!

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Slapped on This Is Guns'n'Roses earlier and was rocking out 🤘

Just had Use Your Illusion I on the vinyl 🤘

Don't care what anyone says - great album!

For the record, Chinese Democracy is pretty great too. It could never live up to the weight of expectation (c/f Second Coming) but in its own right, and for all its faults, I like it a lot. It is far from the shit show many people claim it to be - and I suspect most of those people haven't given it a listen.

3 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

i thought it was so cynical of Swift to release four covers of her last album as she knows the rapid Swifties would buy all of them

Yeah but you’re forgetting they made a cool clock thing when together and look great on my wall

51 minutes ago, stuie said:

Despite the fact you’ve been saying it’s not gnr fora month and anyone who believed it is a nob. 

i said the story was unbelievable and that the source didn't have the perfect history many were claiming for him, and the fact i'm saying it now, is surely because of believable info I've received.

51 minutes ago, stuie said:

He does now!

21 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Just had Use Your Illusion I on the vinyl 🤘

Don't care what anyone says - great album!

For the record, Chinese Democracy is pretty great too. It could never live up to the weight of expectation (c/f Second Coming) but in its own right, and for all its faults, I like it a lot. It is far from the shit show many people claim it to be - and I suspect most of those people haven't given it a listen.

Just got home from a car journey. Had Use Your Illusion 1 on, set to “ear splitting”. Screamed along to the lot. Utter joy. Bring it on. ❤️

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

In fact, hasn’t rough bloke under his old name called a few things right in the past too?

Glasto headliners this year

reading headliners this year 

Glasto headliners last year 

reading last year 

APE headliners the year before that (I think - the where massive attack had a day and The Kooks)

LCD doing 6 brixtons 

Phoebe bridgers 

the prodigy coming back 

but Neil gets stuck on a prediction of Madonna headlining 

Edited by roughbloke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11

57 minutes ago, Quark said:

All for this. Community is why I keep coming back. 

makes thing harder to let go when a) the owner of the site was such an arsehole when I gave information on his site and b) can’t give an apology now he knows I was right. 

a lot of people users on here have been vocal in my defence which i really appreciate but to me, and I don’t want to speak on behalf on anyone, that speaks volumes about how neil treats users in here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2