Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Your farewell tour doesn't last this long and get constantly extended if the show is rubbish. Nor do tickets sell at £150+ for those shows.

A name like Elton could certainly still keep going on name recognition alone while putting out a mediocre show, but not for this long, at those prices, in those size venues.

21 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Fred Again going up against GnR would sort me out completely. But 'big artist' could mean Elton. 

I'll keep saying this, if I can end my evenings with Prodigy/Fred Again and then Pulp > Elton, it would be an all time. 

That would be my perfect outcome!!

50 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Your farewell tour doesn't last this long and get constantly extended if the show is rubbish. Nor do tickets sell at £150+ for those shows.

A name like Elton could certainly still keep going on name recognition alone while putting out a mediocre show, but not for this long, at those prices, in those size venues.

Yeah there is a reason the Ian Brown karaoke tour didn't last 4 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Elton doesn’t have a bad live reputation anyway, folk who have seen him say he’s great. As CalGon says it’s just the Dill Danding stuff people use as a stick to beat him with.

I don't have any experience of seeing him live and in all honesty I'll probably see him at the farm, but haven't people also said that Disney live performance is bad? I don't have Disney so haven't seen it.

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't have any experience of seeing him live and in all honesty I'll probably see him at the farm, but haven't people also said that Disney live performance is bad? I don't have Disney so haven't seen it.

Haven’t watched the Disney thing so can’t comment.

I am seeing him at the O2 in April so will report back.

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I only count the opinion of people who have actually seen someone live. A recording of a concert can not come across well even when people there have enjoyed it tremendously. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Setlist is pretty much all songs I know and I’m more of a casual listener to music than most on here … I think it’ll be my most known headliner ever it’s gonna be an absolute blast with everyone singing along … 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oddly I thought the Disney + thing was fine And I know being in that crowd, with the atmosphere…. It’ll be amazing 

7 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I ain’t the biggest fan either. 
But I just can’t see them not at the festival considering they’re touring Euro festivals and currently have Glasto weekend free

They’re in an weird too big to sub/too small to headline position so outside of them doing a secret set, which is a very real possibility tbf,I can’t see where they’d fit in. 

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

That Stones one was funny. The difference in perception between people watching at home and those in the field felt huge. Maybe it wasn’t but reading the comments when I got home on the Monday was a real eye opener. I must have assumed everyone would enjoy it as much as the people around me in the field did. So naive.

I was in the field for about 15/20 minutes. They were poor, I left. Public Enemy were superb.

Lemmy once said the Stones are a great studio band, but a bad live act. Reckon he knows more than me.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They’re in an weird too big to sub/too small to headline position so outside of them doing a secret set, which is a very real possibility tbf,I can’t see where they’d fit in. 

Sub Elton? 

they are massive, but I think they’d appreciate subbing. But I’m leaning more secret set as well. Which would be utter chaos 

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I was in the field for about 15/20 minutes. They were poor, I left. Public Enemy were superb.

Lemmy once said the Stones are a great studio band, but a bad live act. Reckon he knows more than me.

I had to leave site in an ambulance after spent the set sat down at back of field … nowt to do with the stones though !! 

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I had to leave site in an ambulance after spent the set sat down at back of field … nowt to do with the stones though !! 

Did your hat short circuit?