Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

If we're talking comparisons I'd say The Stone Roses is the closest  - were huge for a short period then largely went away for ages, back with original line-up, not known for their live (vocal) performances. Never at Glastonbury but Stone Roses were undoubtedly headliners when they first toured again.

Edited by DJL

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Neil, are you just upset that the GnR info was clearly out there for ages and nobody told you? I mean, it was posted on here a long, long time before you had it.

Is that what this is about?

its about them being shit; fed up with bullshit like that to avoid facing up to how shit they are.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Neil, are you just upset that the GnR info was clearly out there for ages and nobody told you? I mean, it was posted on here a long, long time before you had it.

Is that what this is about?

its about them being shit; fed up with bullshit like that to avoid facing up to how shit they are.

Well at least we have it pretty well sewn up now and we can make peace or not with it …  it will likely be my chance to investigate the temple as hopefully the sec should be quieter at that point … I’m still stoked about Elton  . So at least that’s one amazing act in the bag 

bald-dance.gif

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Well at least we have it pretty well sewn up now and we can make peace or not with it …  it will likely be my chance to investigate the temple as hopefully the sec should be quieter at that point … I’m still stoked about Elton  . So at least that’s one amazing act in the bag 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It’s not making things up, it’s hypothesising.

Don’t worry, when you’re swimming around in a big vault of money like Scrooge McDuck you’ll look back on this and laugh.

i'm laughing already

Seems nailed on now, doesn't it?

GnR not my cup of tea anymore, teenage me might have been excited. Do enjoy a headliner that gives me freedom to not be locked on the Pyramid every night, as usually get a lot of FOMO. 

Probably there for Elton, rest is pretty wide open still. 

Imo, reckon field will be as busy as the Foos, but not more.

9 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Such an absolutely cringe booking that feels bizarre coming from Emily who is normally right on the pulse (IMO), but at least it sounds like Guns get the significance of it - I hope they do well for those that will be there. 

It's extremely weird

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

For all the whinging it's pretty similar to Radiohead - Foos - Sheeran, and that went down very well.

These are different times.  That was before she set out to explicitly achieve a more balanced festival - "the aim is that you're conscious of that when you're booking". 

Plenty of slots to balance that out though. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

These are different times.  That was before she set out to explicitly achieve a more balanced festival - "the aim is that you're conscious of that when you're booking". 

Plenty of slots to balance that out though. 

I’m pretty sure the world is largely the same now as it was in 2017. Adele was  booked the year before.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

A bit miffed that people think one of the biggest rock bands of all time playing the biggest music festival of all time is weird.

i wouldn't think it was weird if it had happened 20 years ago, its 2023 that makes it weird.