Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Glasto generally find the best for what’s available..

Don’t like it? suggest a better headliner then…

I’m not a massive fan of GnR but calling songs as strong/ huge as November Rain, Don’t Cry and Sweet child of mine ’shit’ is not the strongest argument.

Can they actually suggest an act glasto could have got but somehow let slip through their fingers?

obviously the Eavis want the biggest acts to headline the Pyramid, that’s what they try to do every year. And an act headlining Hyde Park is probably not a bad example of how popular they are.  

Think you can do better as a booking agent for Glasto? then suggest a massive act that’s touring the UK at the same time, has space in their schedule,  hasn’t headlined in last few years and is willing to play for cheap…

Go…

(in quiet inside voice) The 1975.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I’m not a massive fan of GnR but calling songs as strong/ huge as November Rain, Don’t Cry and Sweet child of mine ’shit’ is not the strongest argument.

Can they actually suggest an act glasto could have got but somehow let slip through their fingers?

obviously the Eavis want the biggest acts to headline the Pyramid, that’s what they try to do every year. And an act headlining Hyde Park is probably not a bad example of how popular they are.  

Think you can do better as a booking agent for Glasto? then suggest a massive act that’s touring the UK at the same time, has space in their schedule,  hasn’t headlined in last few years and is willing to play for cheap…

Go…

F042A9A7-60F1-45BE-945E-5580F02A205A.webp

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Go…

Easy. One very clear name instantly springs to mind straight off the bat

Bad bu.......whoever is behind the mask of 'Knitting' on the masked singer

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Somebody that sold more albums than taylor swift last year. But apparently thats not good enough cause he sings in spanish. Also will be on your tele in april if you watch wrestling. He'll be at wrestlemania.

I hate to break it to you, but nobody in this country cares about wrestling either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Go…

Listen I've not been shy about saying I'm not a fan, but if you wish to present a stout defence there are several songs you could choose before the self indulgent bumwash of November Rain. 

I cannot wait, saw GnR at the Olympic Stadium and Download and both times they were great!! Elton should be good fun, everyone knows an Elton John song!! Taking my 5yr old daughter and misses, been trying for tickets since 2009. Anyone moaning, just think back to the covid summer lockdowns and appreciate where we’ll be & how lucky we are to be going! Bring on the sunshine!! 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Maybe it's just me but cannot quite see GNR going the full three hours.

1 It's So Easy
2 Mr Brownstone
3 Chinese Democracy
4 Slither
5 Welcome to the Jungle
6 Double Talkin' Jive
7 Live and Let Die
8 Estranged
9 Rocket Queen
10 You Could Be Mine
11 Absurd
12 Hard Skool
13 Civil War
14 Sweet Child O' Mine (with Slash Guitar Solo)
15 November Rain
16 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
17 Nightrain

18 Patience
19 Don't Cry
20 Paradise City

...it doesn't scream all-timer on paper, but there are clearly enough songs there that will command a huge singalong.

Do they really play that awful Live And Let Die cover live? 

Not really bothered about GnR but wouldn’t mind seeing Paradise City live. May do like I did for The Cure. Watched the amazing Janelle Monae set then whilst heading to our meet up point at Bread and Roses realised I could catch the end of The Cure set which still had 3 songs left. Long-set fatigue must have set in and it was very easy to get really close for the last songs. 

On 1/18/2023 at 9:27 PM, Neil said:

remember that. something about a ska band?

(Late replying. Again)

Nah it was something along the lines of Brandon Flowers saying that The Bravery only got signed because The Killers were signed and Hot Fuss songs were getting radio play (this in 2005, so when TK were still on LP #1) and when The Bravery retorted he called them a fake band. Though a year later he apologised.