Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It's not a case of being "cool", it's just not a genre I've ever bothered with. Not to my taste.

It's not a case of being cool, it is a case of you being a liar.

'Rarely if ever bother with mainstream music' - in the rare occasion that you have actually said something positive about an act you've said you like pink and Eminem so that's not true either. You like mainstream music

Are we all well? Not been on here much recently as been quite down with life. Finally starting to see some joy at the end of the long dark tunnel.

Headliner wise, I have been waiting for a few years for AM to come back and headline.

Apologies staunch fans, just cannot get into anything they have recorded in last several years. It just sounds like Vic Reeves on Shooting Stars.

Probably the least arsed this year about the line up as ever have been and will deffo be wandering around Yurts with a pipe of Kush much more.

Middle aged JOMO 

20 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Shocking as it may seem, there are a lot of people out there who rarely if ever bother with mainstream music.

Unbelievable hey!

Music snobbery at its finest. 

If you find a band you like that ends up making it to the mainstream (whatever the hell that is exactly), do you suddenly decide you can't stand them anymore? Give me a break. 

46 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Still gonna be a bigger headline trio than anything else booked in Europe. Don't see why Guns N Roses are any different to booking Metallica. Both legacy rock/metal acts that have done the rounds for years. Guns N Roses have at least 10 bangers everyone knows whether you're a festival goer or not.

I definitely couldn't name 10 GNR songs - maybe 3 or 4 tops - and I'm certainly not 'pretending' to be cool - (I'm not cool)!

Edited by Punksnotdead

15 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Music snobbery at its finest. 

If you find a band you like that ends up making it to the mainstream (whatever the hell that is exactly), do you suddenly decide you can't stand them anymore? Give me a break. 

the newer fans are glory hunters like man utd fans. 😛 

29 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Sounds like the reverse of Chris Moyles' heavily debated comments claiming most unsigned bands are crap.

51 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Shocking as it may seem, there are a lot of people out there who rarely if ever bother with mainstream music.

Unbelievable hey!

Then why do you care so much on who is headlining the Pyramid. The 'main' stage of a festival, that over the past decades have pretty much stuck to mainstream music outside of the odd act or two. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Are you not a Liverpool fan?

Thought you were.

I'm an Aldershot fan and turn out for bristol united. But I will watch a Liverpool matxh as I'm doing right now. Cos you don't get goals like that nunez goal at aldershot. 

Edited by Neil

I have a genuine (ok, semi-genuine) question for the GnR fans  

I've just looked at their Greatest Hits album on Spotify. I knew Sweet Child O Mine. That was the only one. Apart from… the cover versions. So many songs on their “Greatest Hits” album are covers. 

Are they basically a wedding band that got lucky?  

20 minutes ago, Neil said:

I'm an Aldershot fan and turn out for bristol united. But I will watch a Liverpool matxh as I'm doing right now. Cos you don't get goals like that nunez goal at aldershot. 

A mate of mine used to radio commentate for Southern Counties, covering the mighty Shots - so I managed to finagle my way in there loads of times, drinking tea and eating sandwiches in the media centre (🤣) at the Rec. this is George Borg era Shots, it was lots of fun and I’ve got a lot of affection for em since then!