Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I have a genuine (ok, semi-genuine) question for the GnR fans  

I've just looked at their Greatest Hits album on Spotify. I knew Sweet Child O Mine. That was the only one. Apart from… the cover versions. So many songs on their “Greatest Hits” album are covers. 

Are they basically a wedding band that got lucky?  

So you dont know Welcome to the Jungle or any more off Appetite? That's quite an achievement, they have been overused in a lot of mainstream films recently I think.

10 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I've just looked at their Greatest Hits album on Spotify. I knew Sweet Child O Mine. That was the only one. Apart from… the cover versions. So many songs on their “Greatest Hits” album are covers. 

You must have heard Welcome To The Jungle? Surely?! 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

A mate of mine used to radio commentate for Southern Counties, covering the mighty Shots - so I managed to finagle my way in there loads of times, drinking tea and eating sandwiches in the media centre (🤣) at the Rec. this is George Borg era Shots, it was lots of fun and I’ve got a lot of affection for em since then! 

Media centre sounds a bit posh for the rec. I went up the floodlight towers decades ago. And do you know the rec is a public park and people can walk their dog on there up till ten mins before kick off. Therec should be the wreck. 

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

So you dont know Welcome to the Jungle or any more off Appetite? That's quite an achievement, they have been overused in a lot of mainstream films recently I think.

I’m sorry, I really don’t. I’m listening to it now. I’ve genuinely not heard it before although that nnnnnnn thing sounds like a device lots of bands that I don’t really like use. What films? 

14 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Only if they do the birdie song and hi ho silver lining 

14 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

weird-flex-but-ok.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

You must have heard Welcome To The Jungle? Surely?! 

No. And I can see on Spotify that I’m in the minority. I also listen to more music than most of my friends and certainly go to more live music than anyone I know. Maybe I’ve heard it before but I’m listening to it now (and, sorry to say, not really enjoying it) and there isn’t a scintilla of recognition. 

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Anyone who hasn’t watched and loved, and made their children endure, the over the top November Rain video cannot properly call themselves a fan of music. 

they can that would class as cruel and unusual punishment. 😛 

13 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

No. And I can see on Spotify that I’m in the minority. I also listen to more music than most of my friends and certainly go to more live music than anyone I know. Maybe I’ve heard it before but I’m listening to it now (and, sorry to say, not really enjoying it) and there isn’t a scintilla of recognition. 

Are you a teenager? That might explain how you haven't heard any other songs, even then it seems unlikely 

GNR's have a covers album- have you clicked on that thinking it's a greatest hits?

I'm assuming you are no trolling us.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It can happen. I'm the biggest music fan of anyone I know, but I hadn't heard of Paul McCartney or The Beatles until he was booked last year.

Of course I’d heard of them. But if, in 1987, you were listening to Music for the Masses it’s very unlikely you’d be listening to Appetite for Destruction. Strangelove must be about as musically opposite to Welcome to the Jungle as you can possibly get. 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Without a word of a lie I couldn't name one GnR song and although I may recognise one if I heard it, I'd be very unlikely to be able to say who it was by.

Have ye heard of a thing called music? 

28 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Paradise City? Like em or loathe them, they’re classic tracks 

16 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Are you a teenager? That might explain how you haven't heard any other songs, even then it seems unlikely 

GNR's have a covers album- have you clicked on that thinking it's a greatest hits?

I'm assuming you are no trolling us.

No - check out their Greatest Hits album. Released 2020. Dylan, the Dead Boys, the Stones, Paul McCartney etc etc. 

and no, I’m genuine. And we’ve seen from the other comments, Im not the only one. I think there is a genre of music, that if you’re not into you totally tune out.  It’s not even that I’m not vaguely aware, I genuinely have no knowledge. I watched a comedy on Netflix the other week. It had Def Leppard in it. I looked it up - I knew not one single song. I guess it’s the same thing. 

11 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

No - check out their Greatest Hits album. Released 2020. Dylan, the Dead Boys, the Stones, Paul McCartney etc etc. 

and no, I’m genuine. And we’ve seen from the other comments, Im not the only one. I think there is a genre of music, that if you’re not into you totally tune out.  It’s not even that I’m not vaguely aware, I genuinely have no knowledge. I watched a comedy on Netflix the other week. It had Def Leppard in it. I looked it up - I knew not one single song. I guess it’s the same thing. 

Let me guess, you've never heard of the Osmonds either