Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I spoke to someone that's working on Eltons tour. Apparently to warm up for Glasto Elton and his production have hired out Wembley stadium for 2 days to rehearse. Apparently it's because his show is going to be quite different to the tour. Probably not that surprising but interesting. Wonder if other people have done this in the past? Mainly for Production I heard but I'd guess Elton would be there as well. The info got me all excited

Shows with that level of production are choreographed a lot more tightly than you'd expect - when you're moving the same stage, lighting and rig around it's easy as everyone is doing the exact same thing every night. Pyramid is smaller and a different shape to the touring set up. I'd guess they're building a replica Pyramid stage and figuring out all the blocking, lighting etc.

Also possible they're looking to do something with the BBC footage for a commercial release later down the line like the Dodger Stadium show.

2 hours ago, rwoo said:

I spoke to someone that's working on Eltons tour. Apparently to warm up for Glasto Elton and his production have hired out Wembley stadium for 2 days to rehearse. Apparently it's because his show is going to be quite different to the tour. Probably not that surprising but interesting. Wonder if other people have done this in the past? Mainly for Production I heard but I'd guess Elton would be there as well. The info got me all excited

this ties in with Emily saying something about how Elton had some big plans for his set or something similar!?

40 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

this ties in with Emily saying something about how Elton had some big plans for his set or something similar!?

its his last ever show, of course he's going to do something out of the ordinary.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Blimey.

That said, I can't see things shaking up too much from a standard Elton gig.  He's not going to do a Pink and come out on wires over the crowd 

If this 2 nights of practice thing is infact the case, its going to be pretty significant the change i reckon

4 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

There are a couple more dates of his tour after glasto in Copenhagen and Sweden.

He has also said that although this is his last tour, he will still do one off shows in the future. 

so its a frank sinatra-style last-ever-show. lol

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah looks like it. I think he'll keep doing the odd show for a few years. I reckon this'll be the big one though. 

i mean hes not exactly in his youth now so there arent gonna be a huge number of shows left in him ? depends how long hes fit enough and able to do them ..... hes pretty much seated throughout now isnt he ? 

14 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah looks like it. I think he'll keep doing the odd show for a few years. I reckon this'll be the big one though. 

He said he would not be doing shows with all the "hits", wants to do shows which covers more of his Catalogue 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

i mean hes not exactly in his youth now so there arent gonna be a huge number of shows left in him ? depends how long hes fit enough and able to do them ..... hes pretty much seated throughout now isnt he ? 

Yeah.  Other than standing to bow between songs and chat to the crowd, he's at the piano 100%.

I've always been expecting something spectacular.  I mean, it's Elton FFS.  Probably the most flamboyant entertainer on the planet!  Glasto debut, "last" ever UK show of a 5 year tour.  Come on people

To be honest I'd been working on the assumption it was going to be the same set he's been playing in sports venues the world over for five years now, but this rehearsal story's got my interest up!

I wondered if he was just doing Glastonbury last because he's already done everything else in the UK he wants to do, but if the timing was deliberate, maybe we do get something big.