Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

20 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

the fuck is discord?!

Anyone can start their own Discord for free, it's like a chat room with various text and voice chat rooms, support for video images etc. 

It's basically superseded any and all competition for people playing video games together, but you can have one for literally anything if you want to, we have a work one on the side because it's infinitely better than Teams

Edited by BenG92
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

Tent. Some acts are so busy you can’t get inside it though.

Very rare that happens and often not that it’s so busy but that people hang around the outside and there can be chunks of space inside. I’d say only been a handful of cases of JP Tent being that rammed since I have been going (since 2010) and they were fairly obvious big acts! 

14 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Fucking Christ.

it’s hard enough seeing Fred in regular festivals tents. 

I wouldn't worry, I cannot see them doing that at all... They will definitely know his pull and that he'll attract a pretty sizeable crowd, it'd be dangerous putting him in that tent

56 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don’t even know has me creasing 😂😂
Guy is saying he is in the know and i kept pressing him for how and this is the response 😂

To be fair, he/she ‘works on Fruit and Veg.’ You don’t get many better sources than that

4 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I’ll never understand the hype around Bad Bunny nor Frank Ocean.

Frank especially.

He’s a bit of a mystery. Two albums out, the last one seven years ago, selling half as much as the one before which was eleven years ago 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

He’s a bit of a mystery. Two albums out, the last one seven years ago, selling half as much as the one before which was eleven years ago 🤷‍♂️ 

Exactly, only good material he's released is Nostalgia & Channel Orange 

The thought occurred to me - the apparent headliner trio is the first trio in a long time (maybe ever!?) where each artist has a song which has had over a billion streams on Spotify. 

AMs: Do I Wanna Know & Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
GNR: Sweet Child O Mine
Elton: Cold Heart 

Not even Paul McCartney has a billion-streamer, none of the Beatles songs have hit that milestone. Nor the Stones! Shows just what an enduring hit Sweet Child is. I'll likely be elsewhere, but the more I think about it, the more I find myself coming round to the idea that GNR in its current lineup is a stronger booking than many seem to think

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

in what way does he treat his fans like shit? 

This is a genuine question I don't know much about him other than his two albums

The way he does merchandise for Blonde/Blonded radio. Incredibly limited runs of items at eye watering prices to feed into fomo. Blonde was released on vinyl once in a Black Friday sale and only until recently was repressed, again, at a incredibly limited amount. Fans have also ordered merch that has turned up damaged and the customer service around it is shambolic.

He might like leading into the enigma, but rinsing your fans in the manner he has is terrible imo.

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

in what way does he treat his fans like shit? 

This is a genuine question I don't know much about him other than his two albums

He's notorious for cancelling festival appearances. Wouldn't personally use the verbage above but that's why

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

The way he does merchandise for Blonde/Blonded radio. Incredibly limited runs of items at eye watering prices to feed into fomo. Blonde was released on vinyl once in a Black Friday sale and only until recently was repressed, again, at a incredibly limited amount. Fans have also ordered merch that has turned up damaged and the customer service around it is shambolic.

He might like leading into the enigma, but rinsing your fans in the manner he has is terrible imo.

Quality control and customer service aside - that's bad - people buying into FOMO around merch have only themselves to blame.

Tool are my favourite band of all time but there's no way I'm buying the $500 glass skull they just released because it's "limited edition" 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Quality control and customer service aside - that's bad - people buying into FOMO around merch have only themselves to blame.

Tool are my favourite band of all time but there's no way I'm buying the $500 glass skull they just released because it's "limited edition" 

You're definitely right. People do have to blame themselves to some extent, but also Frank and his team know what he's doing to passionate fans.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

it does look pretty cool though

Here's Your First Look At The TOOL Fetus Skull

13 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

The thought occurred to me - the apparent headliner trio is the first trio in a long time (maybe ever!?) where each artist has a song which has had over a billion streams on Spotify. 

AMs: Do I Wanna Know & Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
GNR: Sweet Child O Mine
Elton: Cold Heart 

Not even Paul McCartney has a billion-streamer, none of the Beatles songs have hit that milestone. Nor the Stones! Shows just what an enduring hit Sweet Child is. I'll likely be elsewhere, but the more I think about it, the more I find myself coming round to the idea that GNR in its current lineup is a stronger booking than many seem to think

This. This is the kind of research I come here for!

• Like 1