Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I agree. I think the fact that he’s toured non stop for two years straight might’ve taken the shine off a little in a lot of peoples eyes, but him doing his last ever U.K. show at Glastonbury is massive and I can’t think of a better way to close off Glastonbury ‘23 than his set of wall to wall hits. Gonna be a proper euphoric tearjerker, and Christ do I hope I get to be there.

When the time comes more than happy to help. 

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I agree. I think the fact that he’s toured non stop for two years straight might’ve taken the shine off a little in a lot of peoples eyes, but him doing his last ever U.K. show at Glastonbury is massive and I can’t think of a better way to close off Glastonbury ‘23 than his set of wall to wall hits. Gonna be a proper euphoric tearjerker, and Christ do I hope I get to be there.

Happy to pitch in on T-Day to help 

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Absolutely with you... i need to be there.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Stereophonics, Kasabian and Moby have all been booked to headline the G without the sky coming crashing down. This year's choices are what they are, but they're not indicative of any sort of wider malaise or downward spiral.

Should have booked Kings of Leon again 

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Haven’t watched the Disney thing so can’t comment.

I am seeing him at the O2 in April so will report back.

Cheers! Will be good to hear your review.

I'm not too fussed either way really as will be seeing him as a bit of a novelty act. I think, as others have said, the crowd will carry a performance like that.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I expect them in a billed slot, but if they’re not on the lineup then I reckon that’s where they’ll be.

I agree with this. Will be amazed if they're not billed, though.

I have tickets for Finsbury week after but would love to see them at the farm too. And I have mates going to G who aren't going to Finsbury so keeping everything crossed.

The 1975 accepting a billed non headline slot is them tacitly admitting that their moment has been and gone. Foals and Biffy have faced up to it, but who knows whether her that guy in the The 1975 will.

Edit: Crossed wires. Didn't realise people were discussing Pulp.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree with this. Will be amazed if they're not billed, though.

I have tickets for Finsbury week after but would love to see them at the farm too. And I have mates going to G who aren't going to Finsbury so keeping everything crossed.

Yeah I’m going to Finsbury too, easily the gig I’m most looking forward to in 2023.

Taking the kids to GF this year which means I have to be a lot more realistic in terms of how much I’m actually going to see. Won’t be cramming into the JP secret sets or anything like that. Which is why I’m not taking any chances on acts I’d want to see at Glastonbury who are also playing elsewhere.

Imagine most of the weekend will be spent between the Pyramid and Kids Field.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The 1975 accepting a billed non headline slot is them tacitly admitting that their moment has been and gone. Foals and Biffy have faced up to it, but who knows whether her that guy in the The 1975 will.

Edit: Crossed wires. Didn't realise people were discussing Pulp.

To be fair The 1975 are most definitely in the Foals/Biffy corridor of uncertainty.

It’s a bit like going bald, eventually you just have to accept it and suddenly life becomes much happier.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah I’m going to Finsbury too, easily the gig I’m most looking forward to in 2023.

Taking the kids to GF this year which means I have to be a lot more realistic in terms of how much I’m actually going to see. Won’t be cramming into the JP secret sets or anything like that. Which is why I’m not taking any chances on acts I’d want to see at Glastonbury who are also playing elsewhere.

Imagine most of the weekend will be spent between the Pyramid and Kids Field.

Makes sense.

To be honest, the idea of squashing into JP doesn't massively appeal to me either!

In some ways I'm expecting to go at a more relaxed pace as going with a friend who's quite ill but determined to get there. If we only see two or three main stage acts a day and spend a lot of time in the less busy areas I'll be happy, though. And then hopefully have a bit more energy for the late night stuff for once.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Makes sense.

To be honest, the idea of squashing into JP doesn't massively appeal to me either!

In some ways I'm expecting to go at a more relaxed pace as going with a friend who's quite ill but determined to get there. If we only see two or three main stage acts a day and spend a lot of time in the less busy areas I'll be happy, though. And then hopefully have a bit more energy for the late night stuff for once.

Mrs J has already said she doesn’t fancy AM and will happily take the kids to bed early that night so hoping for something big on another stage. Prodigy or YYY’s would do nicely.

Just thinking back to Emily’s “we have to get GnR” comments, can’t remember exactly when she said it but I do wonder at what stage in discussions they were at when she made those comments. Seems unlikely that she’d be bigging up acts with no intention of playing so you’d expect there to have at least been some contact. Was an agreement already in place by then?

Reminds me of her similar comments around Fleetwood Mac in 2019, who I remain convinced would have headlined by now had Covid not scuppered everything for a couple of years.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just thinking back to Emily’s “we have to get GnR” comments, can’t remember exactly when she said it but I do wonder at what stage in discussions they were at when she made those comments. Seems unlikely that she’d be bigging up acts with no intention of playing so you’d expect there to have at least been some contact. Was an agreement already in place by then?

Reminds me of her similar comments around Fleetwood Mac in 2019, who I remain convinced would have headlined by now had Covid not scuppered everything for a couple of years.

Yeah I think the theory I saw here the other day (can’t remember from who…) that it’s actually Elton who was Taylor’s replacement rather than GnR, who have been booked all along, is probably accurate. Would make a lot of sense if Taylor deciding to tour the States coincided with Elton moving that Paris date to make room for Glastonbury. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think the theory I saw here the other day (can’t remember from who…) that it’s actually Elton who was Taylor’s replacement rather than GnR, who have been booked all along, is probably accurate. Would make a lot of sense if Taylor deciding to tour the States coincided with Elton moving that Paris date to make room for Glastonbury. 

Makes sense, Elton shifting that Paris date definitely suggests he was a late call up.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:32 PM, roughbloke said:

Glasto headliners this year

reading headliners this year 

Glasto headliners last year 

reading last year 

APE headliners the year before that (I think - the where massive attack had a day and The Kooks)

LCD doing 6 brixtons 

Phoebe bridgers 

the prodigy coming back 

but Neil gets stuck on a prediction of Madonna headlining 

Got anything on APE this year may i ask? Was it you who said the strokes (if not can you confirm?)

10 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

IDGAF if she plays Glasto or not, but this whole "you either stand with her or you're with the far right" narrative on the internet is insufferable AF.

You need to go and read some of Ozannes' posts in the Discussion forum. Very similar (only political rather than musical) 🙂

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elton is a special booking. At this specific point in time there's noone better that they could have booked.

100%. It’s amazing anyone is suggesting he’s anything less than an iconic booking. Better than Macca, for me. It’ll be an all timer for sure. What G23 will be remembered for.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

To be fair The 1975 are most definitely in the Foals/Biffy corridor of uncertainty.

It’s a bit like going bald, eventually you just have to accept it and suddenly life becomes much happier.

Not sure tbh, I think 1975 are much bigger than both of those? Foals are dull as dishwater for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I suggested that the other day. While Elton obviously had the Paris date planned for a while, Emily talking up GnR ages ago makes me think they’ve been lined up in some form for a while. We never really know how early the headliners are booked but going for Elton John last spring/summer after it became clear that Taylor wouldn’t be touring Europe seems sensible to me.