Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That Nick Cave set was one of their best ever, though, so I don't think it mattered at all. I'm confident Lizzo will bring the right energy and pull a huge crowd.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are IMO by far the best rock band currently performing.

30 minutes ago, pryce said:

think it stems from it was meant to be Taylor Swift and are taking their anger out on the band that has replaced her..as if they changed her mind for her 

Melissa Reese the guns n roses keyboard player was touted years ago as the next Taylor Swift, and has worked with her in the past. 
not a lotta folk know that. 😉

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I hope firmly that if both are atop the bill, they knock it out of the park, play cracking shows and all the punters there to watch have a lovely time

100%.   GnR have the potential to be amazing and have a host of songs that are imprinted into the brains of a lot of casual rock fans of a certain age.  Same goes for AM as they were inescapable if you came of age in the 00s.

Their fans will have a great time and I hope the casuals do too. I'll most likely be elsewhere but that's the beauty of Glastonbury, isn't it?  There's literally something for everyone and if you don't like what you're watching, a ten minute walk will take you to musical heaven

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

In that, they’ll do if nothing better is available.

Pretty much. Inoffensive, pop up everywhere and unlikely to elicit strong feelings either way. If one was offered you'd take it, but it's not the one you actively look for when you go shopping. 

2 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

Surely thats a rich tea?

Coldplay do actually have the material to hold a slot (see 2016). They stand up to a dunking. 

Rich Teas are like digestive but without the foundations. The lightest scrutiny or touch of a cuppa and they disintegrate leaving nothing but disappointment and regret that you didn't opt for something better. A la Mumford & Sons 2013

5 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

100%.   GnR have the potential to be amazing and have a host of songs that are imprinted into the brains of a lot of casual rock fans of a certain age.  Same goes for AM as they were inescapable if you came of age in the 00s.

Their fans will have a great time and I hope the casuals do too. I'll most likely be elsewhere but that's the beauty of Glastonbury, isn't it?  There's literally something for everyone and if you don't like what you're watching, a ten minute walk will take you to musical heaven

Out of upvotes but preach.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Coldplay do actually have the material to hold a slot (see 2016). They stand up to a dunking. 

Rich Teas are like digestive but without the foundations. The lightest scrutiny or touch of a cuppa and they disintegrate leaving nothing but disappointment and regret that you didn't opt for something better. A la Mumford & Sons 2013

You are Peter Kay & I claim my £5! 😃

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I, for one, cannot wait for the Lizzo/GnR double header.

One hour of telling everyone they are beautiful and can do anything followed by two hours of telling everyone to fuck off. It's the absolute perfect evening for me.

LOL. It's a perfect balance by the end of the evening you will come away thinking exactly the same way about yourself as you did at the start of the evening

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I, for one, cannot wait for the Lizzo/GnR double header.

One hour of telling everyone they are beautiful and can do anything followed by two hours of telling everyone to fuck off. It's the absolute perfect evening for me.

When the pills wear off and you move onto the coke 😂

• Upvote 2